OT: Thought for the day

Grey's Law "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Too late. I've already had a thought today. Can I use this one tomorrow?

"Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more. What Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4."

Reply to
Country

Arrgh- accidentally did a direct reply- first time that has happened in several days.

I that law. Nice adaptation of Asimov's (?) law about any sufficently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic.

Reply to
aemeijers

No biggie. I replied both places. too.

AND the missive about never attributing to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. Works on SO many levels.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Except it was Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Hey, I'm getting old. And I put a question mark after the attribution.

Reply to
aemeijers

How about.....

Heinlein's Razor:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't completely rule out malice.

Reply to
DD_BobK

He wrote science-fiction...that means he was stateless

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Reply to
Twayne

AND YOUR HOME REPAIR QUESTIOIN IS? NOTE THE NAME OF THISE NG IS NOT "ot" LAZY ASS!

Reply to
Twayne

Just like women are actors not actresses, SF writers belong to the genre, not the country

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

It's not the most appropriate group, but if you asked politely, I bet someone could show you how to fix that cap lock key on your keyboard

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds