Anyone make a grill cover that will last more than 1 season?

Subject says it all. I've tried several brands of "premium" covers for my weber gas grill. Include Weber brand and whatever brookstone sells, plus some others. The best so far is some type of cloth with a PVC like coating, but after a season (usually less) out in sun/rain they all develop pinholes and or cracks that make them leaky as a sieve.
And I'm in NE Ohio, not some scorched earth hell-hole desert.
I don't mind paying for quality, I just can't find it.
Anyone know a brand/type that lasts?
TIA,
Paul F.

i never cover my grill, its a outside appliance designed to live outdoors...........
do you cover your car? cover your house?
a well designed gas grill should do fine outdoors
On 9/4/2011 9:51 PM, bob haller wrote:

Not everyone wants to take out a mortgage on an all stainless model.
John

The stainless steel ones require way too much maintenance and cleaning just to make them presentable and/or usable.
Steve

I live in the woods. If I don't cover it, it's soon covered with bird crap, leaves and needles from the trees get wedged in all the little cracks and openings, and it get's loaded up with sap droplets. If you use it with sap and bird droppings on it, it bakes in on and it becomes much harder to clean. Rain does not remove baked on sap and droppings.
I don't have time to clean it and hose it off the 3-4 times a week I use it during the season; much easier to pull the cover off and be ready to go on a nice clean grill.
Paul F.

build a grill shed, put it in close by shed when not in use......
On 9/4/2011 9:51 PM, bob haller wrote:

Isn't that what sheds are for?
--
aem sends...

On 9/4/2011 10:17 PM, aemeijers wrote:

Yes and everyone has one in their backyard just like you do.

Glad I held my tongue about covering the Weber. Mine's been outside for 14 years uncovered without harm. Rain, snow, sun and wind. But no bird crap, sap, pine needles or leaves bother it. They go for my cars. The OP needs to cover that Weber. To-the-ground covers trap moisture. He might bungee a small tarp over the top to keep it clean. Here's one, a 4x6. Cheap. (Amazon.com product link shortened)15195704&sr=8-10
--Vic

I had a Vermont Castings grill and it had an excellent cover, very durable. Problem is, the grill rusted out after 10 years. Any place a holde was drilled, places where the gas burners passed, all rusted over time. The burners and grates were still in great condition, but the parts that held them went to crap. I think it was because the cover held moisture.
I bought a stainless steel Weber Summit and have no plans to cover it. I may just tarp the top. The grill should outlast me.

I have a Nat Gas Weber that I use the storage underneath for a hibatchi and other various items that rust if I don't use a cover for the grill. I'm using the same Weber cover that I bought with the grill in 2006. It has a few cracks and pin holes but still keeps moisture from the storage under grill.
On 9/4/2011 11:36 PM, Jim T wrote:

Do I really need to put a smiley after every joking post?
-- aem sends...
On 9/5/2011 7:44 AM, aemeijers wrote:

Do I?
A covered car lasts a lot longer in terms of the paint and top coat. Shingles on a house protect the house from not just rain but the sun too. The suns rays do a lot more damage than you realize.

I would look at a vinyl cover from these people or just buy the roll goods and make your own. The HH66 glue will make a joint as strong as the material. I made a boat lift cover that is like new after 5 years in the Florida sun.
http://www.tarpsupply.com/22oz-vinyl-tarps-with-d-rings-super-duty.html

The cover on my Broil King is 5 years iold now and no sighn of giving up. No Idea who MADE it but it's sold by Broil King. Not cheap, but good seldom is.
On 4/16/2017 4:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My Weber cover is 5 years too and still is good. Had a no-name on my last grill and got 10 years from it. My smoker cover is at least 12 years This is in New England, could be tougher in Arizona.
On Sun 16 Apr 2017 04:04:45p, Oren told us...

We also live in Arizona in the desert and our Weber cover is 6 years old and perfectly good.

On 9/4/2011 8:27 PM, Paul Franklin wrote:

Try a Garden Ridge model called "The Grilling Enthusiast" if you can find it. The wife bought it at a Garden Ridge shop just outside of Pittsburgh but she said she also saw it at Big Lots. Fortunately the wife bought two for exactly the reason you are looking for a better one. Well this is the best made I've seen, its plastic covered cloth with a flannel liner, reminds one of the old oil cloths that used to be on the kitchen table. Color choices are dark green and dark green ;)
But weigh the sucker down cause it makes a great parachute and if blows away like our first one did who ever finds it in your neighborhood won't ever give it back!
$14.99 each three years ago.
John
On 9/4/2011 7:27 PM, Paul Franklin wrote:

I just ask my wife to make mine. For a decent seamstress it's pretty simple.