Re: Building Noah's Ark

The Noah Ark has been found, according to the newspaper... old news.

Plus it's NOT a myth... according to my Holy Bible.

Chuck

Too bad Noah's Ark is just a myth, huh? >
CNT

Neither is the Bifröst Bridge, according to my copy of the "Holy" Prose Edda.

Bonus is, I can see the bridge with my own eyes when conditions are right.

OBWW: Some bridges are made of wood. The Bifröst Bridge is most easily viewed after a rain. Trees need rain. Trees are made of wood.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

test

Reply to
John

Tell it to alt.atheism. They'll have a field day with it. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

- Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Ehvee8or

If by "field day" you mean reply with endless tyrades filled with obscenity I'd agree. But I will bet there will be a complete lack of intelligent discussion of fact. Those people have long since checked their brain at the "I want everything my simple way" stop and closed their ears.

You can always spot the skeptic/atheist because he believes in nothing and therefore has nothing defenseable to say.

Reply to
Chris Snyder

Chris Snyder snarls:

Seems like you're having a little trouble in that direction yourself: the skeptics you've seen or heard have nothing defensible to say, in your opinion, but you have no idea what those you don't read might, or might not, believe in.

Charlie Self

Charlie Self

On 19 Dec 2003, Chris Snyder spake unto rec.woodworking:

I wouldn't want to challenge your gross generalization, but this guy is a professional skeptic, who believes in a great many things and defends them with passion.

if the wrap doesn't work.

Caution: reading his columns might cause you to think.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Your statement portraying people who don't share your [un]belief system as unthinking shows only your arrogance and your own lack of reasoning ability.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Might cause your head to hurt too. Anybody else reading that at 1024x768? It scrolls, and scrolls, and scrolls, and scrolls to the right.

I think my browser doesn't like his HTML, and the frames to the very extreme right are screwing everything up.

Reply to
Silvan

On 19 Dec 2003, Mark & Juanita spake unto rec.woodworking:

Interesting that you would castigate me for suggesting the OP was closed-minded, yet didn't challenge his outright statement that nonbelievers had nothing to say. Pretty much proves the worth of my caution, don't you think?

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Yeah, there's some of that, but it's generally directed at those who state dogma as fact and can't or won't support their position with any kind of reasoned, logical argument.

That usually comes from the people referred to above.

Unlike those who say they have an old book that say's something is true, so it must be true, because the same book says everything in it is true.

In my experience skeptics/atheists have arrived at whatever opinions they have by examining all the available evidence and drawing their own conclusions and can very articulately defend their positions.

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

- Arthur C Clarke

Reply to
Ehvee8or

Which is, of course, ridiculous. While you might find some atheists who claim there are no god(s), the overwhelming majority simply lack belief (a - without, theos - gods. Do the Greek). To claim it is an 'absolute negation' is to lie about the beliefs or lack thereof of atheists everywhere.

There are plenty of gods that are logically indefensible and irrational. These deities can easily, logically and rationally be dismissed because they are ludicrous on the face of them. That is not, as you have claimed "saying there is no god" nor does it demand "infinite knowledge of the universe".

Come on, you can't possibly be that ignorant, can you?

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Perhaps you guys would be more comfortable in a religion/philosophy NG? Without the "OT" preface, I fully expected to hear about a really neat model of Noah's Ark!

-- In golf, it's not the score that counts--it's the company!

Reply to
Bob