OT tag free uderwear

OT

3 years ago or so, Fruit of the Loom stopped putting size (and care?) labels inside the waistband of their underpants. Now they print the information inside the cloth, so that with most colors you can't read it, especially if it's not new. This is certainly important if you can't remember what size you've been wearing.

They did this, I'm sure, to save a nickel a pair or less.

But now they are advertising them and labeling them as "tag free" and suggesting they are more comfortable because they don't have that cloth tag inside the waistband. In my whole life I could hever feel the tag. People don't have as many nerves in their back as they do in their fingers. But now they may force other brands to get rid of hte helpful labels just ot compete wifth FOTL.

Reply to
micky

For the size:

To get the stripes out:

    Machine wash cold     Use only non-chlorine bleach when needed     Do not use fabric softener     Tumble dry low     Do not iron
Reply to
ʎǝʞɔıɯ

Get out your trusty tape measure and wrap it around your waist.

If you're making a million pairs of skivvies, a nickel a pair adds up quickly.

I can feel the tags. I've always cut them out.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

iirc Fruit of the Looms come is small, medium, large, and doublewide. I don't think the laundry instructions have changed in micky's lifetime. He must not have been able to come up with a Trump Troll today.

They can be annoying on t-shirts, never noticed them on skivvies.

Reply to
rbowman

No kidding! I guess I was too hard on them. I'm glad I posted.

Reply to
micky

Others have been doing it for years as well -- the bad part is that the cloth under the painted/printed label now fails much earlier in the wash than before...now have a bunch of t-shirts in particular with holes in the back there.

Reply to
dpb

Wow. If I ever wash mine, I may see the same thing.

Reply to
micky
[snip]

With T-shirts having no tag, no pocket, and markings worn off it can be hard to tell front from back. It matters, since the neck opening is different.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The back of the neck opening is usually sewn differently from the front of the neck opening.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Yes, but that's only because most of your life you wore them around your ankles. LOL

Reply to
Avila Kap

If I wear a tee shirt it is a V neck so no problem. Most days I wear a pull over Henley shirt as they are the most comfortable.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I buy Carhartt pocket tees. Not only do they have pockets but they're a heavier material then Hanes or FotL.

Reply to
rbowman

Just rotate it until the clean side is facing the front. If neither side is clean, turn it inside out and now both sides are clean.

Reply to
Jim Joyce