OT (sorta' there's a repair involved, just not home) : Vintage Chevy truck parts

I seem to have lost all track of the old catalogs and google didn't raise anybody I recognized from the past....

'58 Chevy C60 (quite a lot bigger brother to a C10/20 but same cab style, etc., just running gear is a lot heavier) ...

I'm fed up w/ no odometer and speedometer to a certain point but the real want is the gas tank level sending unit--they're a metallic conductive strip that eventually breaks resulting in an "always full" indication. I've never known exactly what they are made of; a braze "repair" job of one on the other truck wasn't entirely satisfactory; screwed up calibration something fierce... :)

So, the question is; anybody here have good source for vintage Chevy truck parts...

--

Reply to
dpb

No source, but here's a tip. When you get ready to replace the fuel sending unit, it may, on your model, be easier to remove the bed than to drop the tank. On my Chevy truck, the bed is held in by only 8 bolts that are easy to reach.

Reply to
HeyBub

No need; tank is behind seat... :)

Also, as noted it's a C60 (32M GVW) w/grain bed & hoist, not a pickup. Just that medium-duty trucks had same cab design as pickups then.

--

Reply to
dpb

I did eventually work way through the (nearly infinite; most useless) google hits (btw, is it just me or does it seem that google's results are getting to be less and less about connections/pertinence and more and more about either for-pay-forced or other ways to advance rankings via artifice? :( ) and did find LMC in Lenexa, on of the previous outfits I have dealt w/ earlier. And, in the best of all possible worlds, they have all the possible parts for not an exorbitant price that actually are for the specific configuration...

Don't hardly get no better other than at >100F I'm probably not going to be out there isolating the actual problem this afternoon... :)

--

Reply to
dpb