OT. Record Paper Plane Flight

At least some people are dong useful things with their time.

It flew almost 290 feet.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Achieving extreme distance while lacking any semblance of elegance .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I wish I had his design whilst I was in hi skool

"They broke the record for farthest flight by a paper aircraft, sending a sheet of paper 88.318 meters, or almost 88.39 m."

Odd way to phrase it.

Reply to
rbowman

The kid who used to mow my lawn is a big executive at Boeing now. I sent this to his mother, who is still my neighbor.

Reply to
micky

And wrong. 88.318 is almost 88.32.

Here's the text from gizmodo.com.au:

"Dillon Ruble and Garrett Jensen, both engineers at Boeing, broke a record in December that had only a little to do with their day jobs: They broke the record for farthest flight by a paper aircraft, sending a sheet of paper 88.318 meters, or almost 88.39 m."

And here's a report from jalopnik.com:

"Dillon Ruble and Garrett Jensen, both engineers at Boeing, broke a record in December that had only a little to do with their day jobs: They broke the record for farthest flight by a paper aircraft, sending a sheet of paper 88.318 meters, or almost 290 feet."

Looks like gizmodo.com.au wanted to expunge the American units, but completely failed at rounding.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton