OT: Pete Seegerdies at 94.

The famous folk song writer, singer, and activist, died in NY Presbyterian Hospital. One of Seeger's famous causes was the cleaning up of the Hudson River while sailing up and down in his sailboat, the Half Moon, all the while dumping raw sewage from the boat into the river.

Reply to
willshak

I think he was on Sesame Street, when I was a kid. I enjoyed his music. Sad he's died.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Aye, I think that was Henry Hudson, wasn't it? Seeger's boat was the "Clearwater".

Reply to
Norminn

Enjoyed his music, as long as he wasn't performing it (and didn't listen to the sophomoric words). Don't enjoy his politics.

Reply to
krw

He actually bought into that Tawana Brawley nonsense. It seems he wasn't that bright after all.

Reply to
D F Bonnett

Almost all of the high-profile lefties did. Few of them were even honest enough to jump off the bandwagon after it was obvious that it was a big lie. I lived in the area at the time and one of my coworkers was the arraigning justice.

Reply to
krw

Hudson, Seeger, whatever. It was probably the Half-Moon that dumped the sewage, since they didn't have chemical toilets then. .

Whether Seeger dumped poop from his boat or waited until he docked, I don't know, but I know the Hudson and East Rivers are much cleaner than they were . I think fishing is now permitted in the Hudson from Manhattan Island, and maybe the East River too, and the fish are plentiful and healthy.

Reply to
micky