Tree died at the top; now growing at bottom

Hi,

A few spring days of 100 degrees here in Las Vegas caught me off guard, and has killed "most" of my Pepper tree

but it's now sprouting green all around the trunk base

Where should i cut the trunk off at....if at all?

It's a newly planted tree (last fall), only about a 1.5" in diameter, but stands about 10 feet tall (mostly dead now).

thanks waterboy

Reply to
waterboy