Singer Heaters

I have some old singer electric heaters, and I need part for them. Where can I buy parts for these. I checked their website, I guess they stopped making heaters or something. These are installed in a property I own. Here is some info I found: Model: WA - 20 Cat: 5990 - MP Volts: 240 Amps: 8.3 Watts: 2000 Ph. Cy.: 1/60

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Ali

I think they stopped making HVAC equipment back in the 70s. Shame, too. They were built like tanks......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

You did not say what parts you need. There is almost always a universal, generic part that will work. Usually you have to take the old part to a real supply house and they can help you figure out what you need.

I have a 1978 Singer furnace and was able to find a replacement gas valve with only 2 stops.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

This is Turtle.

I use to install Singer Commercial hvac equipment years back and then Arco Air bought them out. i install some of the Arco Aire equipment then , ICP Inter City Products Bought them out. Then Arco Aire kept the name but Carrier bought them out.

So Singer sold to Arco Aire, then sold to ICP , then sold to Carrier.

I know just about all the parts on these old Singers and if you like to e-mail me and I can tell you about the parts you may need. Just about all the parts can be replaced with Universial Type , Hiel , or Aroaire Parts on those old Singer Units. I don't sell parts !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Is there a place to still buy replacement parts for circa late 1970s Singer electric furnaces?

Mark

Reply to
mkcinci

I have a garage heater that blue the transformer. This is the information I have.

GE Transformer

9T56Y1806 KVA-150 60- HZ 240 volts 120 volts

Any information on where I can get one would be greatly appreciated.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
dick

Call GE or your local commercial electric supplier.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Hi, Unless you need exact repelacement looks like small x-former. Is it on 120 or 240V? secondary is usual 24V?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

hi..we are looking for......MOTOR FOR SINGER WALL HEATER....approx. 1970

MODEL W-15 V240 CAT 5990-A AMP 6.3 WATTS 1500 ASP 2126 316

25A 277 V AC 2HP....277 VAC THANK YOU
Reply to
paul

How long has TURTLE been gone? Ten years?

Reply to
Robert Green

Turtle's live a long time. But they don't post here when they're over

100.

At this stage of the game, 35 years later, it's absurd to think you'll be able to find the part based on the appliance youre putting it into, unless Singer itself has it.

You should be looking for a motor that fits the space you have.

I was going to suggest

one of which is 240 volts, but they are only about about 1/100HP. Still, that might be enough. See my notes inline.

No motor for non-industrial use is 1500 watts. That just shows how silly it is to try to find a motor based on the label of the heater.

No motor for non-industrial use is 6.3 amps.

Nor is one 25 amps. My whole 6-room apartment including the refreigerator motor and the vacuum cleaner when I used it was only 20 amps.

Or 2 horesepower!!

What does the motor do? What's wrong with the motor? Does the motor have a name plate on it? With ratings? What does it say?

And trace the wiring to make sure the voltage on the motor is the same as the voltage on the heating element. How many wires lead to the whole heater?

Reply to
Micky

Several years ago, Turtle postd that he'd fallen off a ladder, and had some head injury. Said the doctors don't know much about head injuries. We've not heard much from him since then. Hope he is okay, but I doubt that he is.

Sounded like a good guy, and usually treated me kindly on the lists.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry to hear that. I may have read it but if so, it was several years ago and I'd forgotten. Sorry about that too.

Reply to
Micky

No worries. I'd guess you have a few things to keep your mind occupied in your own life.

I've forgotten people on occasion.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

replying to Stormin Mormon, Mike wrote: I have singer electric baseboard heaters and I'm trying to find a part. its the plastic insulator that fits over the end of the heating element and snaps into the metal frame. its 1 and 1/2 inches long, 1/2 inch outside diam, and hollow.

thanks,

mike

Reply to
Mike

The OP was 11 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

replying to TURTLE, Adrian wrote: Hi there, I saw your post from years back regarding old Singer electric furnace. I need a new coil, any chance you'd know where can I buy it from? Thanks

Reply to
Adrian

Coils-R-Us has them in stock.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Adrian posted for all of us...

I think you will have a long wait for Turtle to reply as he died years ago...

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to TURTLE, charles wrote: Hi

I have a singer electric blower in my condo, I was curious, what I can replace it with.

Reply to
charles