OT. New Army rifle?

Single or four shot.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I wonder how close the four shots will hit. That would really tear up a body.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

Does this guy know Joe Kenda?

The pix shows 5 hole blocks and then 4 hole blocks along with the article. I see problems with feeding, reloading and manufacturing, reliability of the actuators. It is revolutionary but the ultimate test will be with the troops. Let's see.

I still like Sigs.

Reply to
Tekkie®

  I like Rugers , what's your point ? Something I've noticed , since WWII , beginning in the Vietnam Era the military's emphasis shifted from "accurate fire" to "spray-n-pray" . Is that maybe because in that same time frame we saw the increased urbanization of our society ? I never met a true "country boy" who couldn't shoot at least reasonably well . City boys not so much ... gotta say I'd prefer the M1 over an M16/variant in most situations . Sights calibrated out to 600 yards and effective for longer than that . And a 1911 for close-up work . Newer ain't always better .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

I agree with you on ability, the city people are not exposed to the 'evil thunderstick' so that adds to their opposition (gun control). I have never shot an M1, M16. I shot a Thompson machine gun when young and I toppled over. I guess that lead to my preference to handguns. I have shot a lot of handguns but the Sig is just a natural for me. I am much more accurate and able to handle the firearm better. It's a personal thing.

As they say: film at 11.

Reply to
Tekkie®

  Rugers tend to have smaller grips , I have smaller hands ... no film , but my experience with the Thompson was similar . It's gonna climb , and there's not much you can do to stop it .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

I really like the current crop of Ruger subcompact 380 ACP and 9mm everyday carry pistols. Reliable, accurate enough and priced right.

Reply to
Wade Garrett