Speaking of supermarkets...

Speaking of supermarkets, do you all know any supermarket, or any store at all, that turns off its cash registers at closing time.

I've changed which market I go to and I was talking to the head night cashier last night at the "new" one, and she mentioned that the cash registers stop working at midnight.

So they announce several times that they are about to close. Then she mentioned that one or more times someone showed up at 3 minutes till with a big basket of groceries. Did she get through? Yes, but not the person after her.

Then I remembered that this hpapened to me about 10 years ago. Me and

3 or 4 other people that night. And it was as she described it: I was mad. I had my food and they wouldn't sell it to me and I coulldn't very well take it anyhow.

So do you know any store that does this?

Reply to
micky

On Sun 30 Sep 2018 09:47:45p, micky told us...

Yes, two of our chains close at mdnight and turn off their registers as soon as they run balances. Their servers and the couple of computers that they use after hours to do various updates are run

24/7.
Reply to
Wayne Boatwright