OT I am becoming an invisible man

I am becoming an invisible man.

I got a full-body skin test and apparently was supposed to get a report, but I got nothing.

I got an eye-exam, and I'm sure he said he would email me the results, but I got nothing.

I applied, paid, and the MVA said it would send stickers for my car's license plate, and USPS Informed Delivery say they were on their way Saturday, 7 days ago, but I got nothing. Letters usually arrive the same day Informed Delivery shows them, but if not the same day, the next day. 7 days now. Should I call the local post office on the phone or use the national complaint webpage?

And I ordered a rose bush from Home Depot, which they seem to have sent via UPS. It was supposed to come last Wednesday but all I got was at

2:30PM an email that says "The status of your package has changed. Exception Reason: The receiver has moved. We're attempting to obtain a new delivery address for this receiver. At the request of Anonymous, this notice alerts you that the status of the shipment listed below has changed."

Except they have made no effort I can see to "attempt to obtain a new delivery address", there is no easy way for me to give them a new delivery address, and I HAVE NOT MOVED ANYHOW.

UPS delivered a package just last Saturday

Used tracking page that led to webchat with AI that let to them asking me my phone number. Called me, and after 1 minute, dial tone. Started again with chat but this time it didn't offer to call me. It did give a phone number and after I called and wrestled with AI, got to a person who said he'd take care of it. He had a great voice, very convincing.

Get the same email the next day, I've moved.

Tried to reach them again but found out they are closed from 1AM to 6AM. UPS is a national/worldwide company. They can't spare one person to work in the middle of the night!

Friday it says the expected delivery is next Monday, 5 days late. My rose bush is dying.

Tracking at UPS used to be as good as USPS, but now it doesn't say what day or time something is sent out for delivery. AFAICT, my plant was sent out only on Wednesday. When they say on Thursday that I've moved, they seem to he relying on Wednesday. What do they think they will know by Monday?

Reply to
micky

They will know that 0.03 percent fraud is worth millions.

0.03 cut in welfare you would not blink.
Reply to
Thomas

I'm currently having a problem with a Fedex delivery I have to sigh for. They called to tell me it would be here yesterday but never showed up. Then tracking said it would come today but it didn't and looking at tracking again it said I was not there at 11:45 am. I was there, wife was there with physical therapist for her new knee and door was open with only storm door closed. Now they say Tuesday.

Talking the other day to someone about this, she said she got an email that delivery was made with a picture of it on her front porch. It was not there, it was on someone else's porch, Fedex.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Not sure I'd ever use UPS again if it was the last option on earth.

Stands for Universally Poor Service - particularly up here in Canada.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Apparently. Thursday night they were closed (even though they are an international company.

The tracking page used to say Monday, but for a while it has said " Estimated delivery Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date." But waiting for tomorrow would not help because even though I talked to someone wednesday night, they still don't seem to know that I'm living here.

So I called just now, and the most she would do is have someone call me tomorrow morning to confirm that I live here. I say to her, I'm confirming it with you. Tell them.

She said, They're closed now.

So send them a text or an email. I don't have the facility to do that.

Let me get this straight. You're able to tell them to call me, but you're not able to tell them to deliver the package.

(This is the same thing that Home Depot said Thursday night, that they UPS was closed so they couldn't tell them anything, apparently no way to send and email or text. That I had to call HD again between 7 and 9 in the morning when they could contact UPS. I said why can't you tell them what I just told you. / No, you have to call in the morning to say that.

HOW DOES THIS PROMOTE ANY BUSNIESS GOAL OF EITHER HD OR ups. DON'T THEY WANT TO HANDLE COMPLAINTS QUICKLY.

IF THERE IS NO GOAL THAT CAUSES THEM TO BEHAVE THIS WAY, WHAT STICK ARE THEY TRYING TO AVOID? That HD operators will redirect packages to their friend's house so they can have a free rosebush? Some insurance reason? Security? I'm not rerouting anything; maybe this rule is carried over from people who try to reroute things. (I looked into rerouting it to the same address, and I think that would have gotten them to try another delivery, but they wanted $15.)

I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE HOW THEY CAN BOTH GET SO SCREWEED UP WHEN IT WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER not just for me but FOR THEM TO DO IT BETTER.

Like a politician she wouldn't agree to that version of it, she just repeated a version full of extra words UPS thinks sounds better.

So if they actually call in the *morning*, I'll probably be sleeping. I keep the bell off in the bedroom so I can sleep through the junk calls. I wonder if they'll leave a number so I can call back and get them to deliver it on Tuesday.

I finally found out where my rose bush is, about 20 minutes from here, and in a way it might be easier to go get it, but it's been without water for 5 extra days,

Reply to
micky

It really seems like these problems seem centered in mobbed up union states. UPS, FedX and USPS seem pretty good here. Maybe it is a considered a better paying job down here and they get better people. I know when I track packages going to my kids in Michigan, it takes longer to get from GRR or wherever it lands in Michigan to them, than it does to get from here to Michigan. Sometimes it is almost 2 days after it gets to Traverse City. (The nearest town to them)

Reply to
gfretwell

I just checked my tracking. Earlier today it said by Tues afternoon but right now it says by the end of today, Mon. I have to sign for it. I am stuck in the house helping wife recover from knee replacement. If I get another note that said I was not home when they tried to deliver I will go berserk.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Any possibility that you're the victim of identity theft and someone using your name registered a new address and other contact information for you? I'd start verifying your address, phone number, e-mail address etc. at all the sites where you've cited problems.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

I doubt it as it is the only problem I have and Fedex still has the package. Just looks like somebody screwed up.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Just checked Fedex tracking and it said delivered. Nobody rang the door bell and it was not on the porch but I found it in the driveway along with a second item I had ordered a couple of days later. Kind of sloppy where they left it as a few feet more it would have been concealed from view from the road and protected from weather under an overhang. I did not have to sign for it and they said they could not deliver the other day as no one was home. Obvious to me that the Fedex driver is a lazy, lying f*ck-up.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 16:31:55 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

The word has gotten out about you...

Reply to
Tekkie©

I like the way an Amazon package was delivered a few days ago. I got a picture of the box on the porch. The way my house is to the road that is above the expectations. The driveway is about 100 feet long from the road, then turns right for about 70 feet to the house where there is a garage door that is mostly closed as birds like to go in and poop. So a sidewalk is about 40 feet to the front porch and door.

With a picture of the package it is easy to tell if it has been delivered to the correct address. I do have a detached garage I built at the start of the year about 50 feet from the house with some large house numbers on it so not much way for the house numbers not to match the package address. A year ago I got a package that was not mine but for the house next door. I can see how that could be a mistake as there are no other houses for a good distance,but our houses are only about 200 feet apart. I don't think either house had a number on the house at that time. Just on the mail boxes across the street.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

There's a book called: "The invisible man" mostly about life and politics in 1930's Harlem in New York City.

Reply to
bruce bowser

My delivery folks always put packages on my covered porch. If it will fit in the box USPS puts things there and I have the large mailbox. A shoebox will fit in there.

Reply to
gfretwell

Generally my covered back porch, although sometimes the Amazon drivers will use the front sidewalk, especially in the evening. I imagine they're trying to make their quota so their overseer won't whip them.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Yes, I read it a long time ago. Ralph Ellison. Yes, maybe why I used it here.

Reply to
micky

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 02:39:21 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 12:50:12 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Then why don't you read MY posts and get a real education?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Called today. She'll tell him I asked about it.

Called today. She said there was a note about what he'd done in my records, I should have gotten it before I left -- but I didn't, even though I stopped to pay before leaving. She'll mail it. Doesn't have email. No prescription included. Even though I'm happy with cheap reading glasses, I was sure he said he would send me a prescription. Also, I'm not interested in what he did as much as what he found. Maybe they are the same thing to her.

Called the MVA instead. She was nice, said it was free to get duplicate stickers online since I'm asking within 60 days, but it appears to be $5. My contribution to the state.

Rosebush came 7 days late.

Besides what follows below: Due Wednesday, I called again on Sunday. She said they, UPS, would call me Monday morning to confirm. I told her I wasn't available in the mornings, Why can't you confirm it? They're closed. Why can't you send them an email or a text? "I don't have that facility".

But I was up Monday morning 9AM when they called and I asked, So it's coming today? No, the trucks have left. Then why did you have to call me when I was sleeping; you could have called in the afternoon.

Tuesday, email say will come by 2:30. Online says by 7. Never comes.

10PM get email it will come tomorrow.

Comes at 7PM Wednesday. Dry as a bone. Pile of dead leaves literally almost as big as my fist in the box. There were 3 roses, all dead, brown, strangely, parts look red when I took pictures, Android phone.

Plant was watered two days ago. I'll call HomeDepot after I look at it again.

Reply to
micky

I am still waiting for a Fedex delivery promised in 2 days yet to show up after 4. It is a non perishable item but in today's atmosphere of worker shortages I am not sure I would order something like a rose bush.

Reply to
invalid unparseable