OT, how do I get my Amazon replacement?

I bought a small electronic gizmo on Amazon that did not work.
Upon giving it a 2-star rating, the vender send me an email that said:
This is your free code for the new replaced.Free code: WLLL-LNNLLL-LNNNNN If you are satisfied with the new replaced please help us update your product review.
Where it starts with W, L's are letters, and N's are numbers.
Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with this? He didn't say.
Is there a place on the Amazon site to enter it and get the item?
On the individual item's page?
On 1/20/2017 1:25 PM, micky wrote:

What I would try: Re-order the item On the checkout page enter it as you would a gift card or promotion.
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:47:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski

A good idea. It actually has a similar format to the gift card codes that the change machine at the supermarket generates. But it as 2 more letters at the end. (I save the codes until I use them, but why I save them after I use them, I do not know. Maybe it was for this moment!)
On that subject, it's worth pointing out that not all those change redemption machines have the same options. The one at my supermarket has about 10 different stores, plus cash**, but I've seen others with fewer. I think I saw one that didn't include Amazon and Amazon is about the only place I spend money regularly, with Home Depot a distant second some seasons. Gas stations and supermarkets aren't on the list.
**I think they used to take a 6% commission when giving cash but now it's up to 7 or 8, or 9%!!! But when you get a credit for an online store, there's no commission charged. Even if you wanted to buy in person, maybe you could buy it online and pick it up in person.

Don't think so. That's most likely the number you use for free return. They normally provide a way to print the return label with the number on it. Micky should read that email more carefully, look for attachments, and reply to the vendor if still unsure.
--
Dan Espen

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:19:52 -0500, Dan Espen

I don't want to bother the vendor. It's enough he's replacing the item.
There are no attachments and here is the whole email, minus what he quoted from earlier and minus identifiers. For examples N and L were substituted for code numbers and letter:
Order ID nnn-nnnnnnn-nnnnnn: 1 item with its description [ASIN: LNNNLLNNLL]
Dear Micky, This is your free code for the new replaced.Free code: WLLL-LNNLLL-LNNNNN If you are satisfied with the new replaced please help us update your product review.
Best regards, -- end quote --
Ed's idea worked.
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:47:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski

I found a line like this on one item that I was not buying in Amazon:
Save $5.00 on every 5 Qualifying Items you purchase. Enter code X9ML7TWK at checkout.
More evidence that you're right.
And in addition, I just did it, and you were right.
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 1:25:32 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

Have you considered asking the vendor? Or calling Amazon?
Amazon: 888-280-4331
I called Amazon 3 times last Saturday. Each time I was on hold for less than a minute. I was surprised and impressed.