OT: Home Town Auto Service

Your post is off topic for a home repair list.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You have the choice to look at it and respond accordingly. Don't like, don't look. Want to start, "OT: Brake Slides", fine!

Reply to
bob_villain

Someone has to direct traffic.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On my '74 Corvette, for example, the pads can be changed simply by removing the clip, sliding out the pin and pulling the pads all without the need to remove the caliper. The only real pain was getting the car in the air because the actual pad replacement was a piece of cake.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

You're welcome. Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning? If not, too bad.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Replacing the rotors is a horse of a totally different colour though

- but not as bad as on an early Jag or Rover TC

Reply to
clare

Except, later, when I replaced the rotors I also replaced the calipers with stainless steel versions because the bores were corroded and leaking past the seals. I guess that's what you get when you only put on a few miles a year. It's still fun to light up the tires every once in a while. :-)

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I was.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Nah...I'd prefer to hijack your thread just to piss you off.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

+10
Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Nice guy, and you're the only one to be on topic...dick!

Reply to
bob_villain

You can't have it both ways, boobie. By your own admission, your post was off-topic the instant you posted it. You created the off-topic thread so STFU!

Reply to
Hecho en China

Uh...no.

I may have been on-topic for your off-topic thread at the beginning, but I'm a major player in the Brake Slide hijack. Just sayin'

BTW I'm only being a dick because you called us a-holes.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

How the f*ck do *you* get an opinion...you haven't posted anything? "Off Topic" = "you don't have to bother with this".

Reply to
bob_villain

Is that a question...or a statement...or both?

Whoops...I seem to be "sliding" even further off topic...maybe I should put the "brakes" on.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It seems that more than one bob has his panties in a bunch tonight. If that continues they may go away. On second thought we wouldn't be that lucky. :-(

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Amazing observation on you part! Cool too, the way you guys flippantly talk, as an aside...like a couple of school girls giggling.

Reply to
bob_villain