OT - Geography game

Something to get our minds off politics and see the rest of the world:
https://geoguessr.com/world/play
Puts you on Google Earth street level any where in the world and you try to guess where you are.
Try placethestate.com Go big and select countries.
On 11/13/2018 3:56 PM, Thomas wrote:

Dubious to have to put software on my computer.
On 11/13/18 1:39 PM, Frank wrote:

This <https://www.zoo.com/quiz/can-you-identify-these-vintage-items?remoraexp=ZOO_3504_INLINE%3Autm_goo&mkcpgn=i600015282&utm_campaign=TheShootist%28desktop%29&remoradef=0&remorasrc 844ac3f9504e968ffce5959674eb7d&utm_term=www.breitbart.com&remorapos=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid&gclidIaIQobChMIzPThyuXS3gIVyYt-Ch2-Iwl1EAEYAyAAEgIedPD_BwE>
leads to a quiz about vintage items. Most of the group here won't have much trouble with it.
I kept entertained one rainy day looking at ghost towns in Nebraska.

Damned addictive - 4 hours - most within 2000 miles - about 6 within 1000 a few over 10000, but very few.
Clare Snyder wrote:

I just tried it.. 4900 miles away. I'd say I was close just on the wrong continent..
On 11/16/2018 4:13 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:

It is addictive and if you work at it you can get better. I did one last night that I doubt I will ever do better with distances between 170 and 4 miles. The 4 mile one was solved by observing a church sign with the name of the church and the pastor in Columbus, Ohio. The longest was in Japan and only clues I had were women in Kimonos and a yield sign in Japanese. That one, I just picked the middle of Japan.
Frank posted for all of us...

You can not get there from here?
--
Tekkie

Frank posted for all of us...

I never get out of town so once I step out the door I am lost ;)
--
Tekkie