OT: Feeling cold

Try that with a Sprite ans it would drop gears alright -- all over the pavement. If you did manage to get it into gear, the gears would be followed by the pistons.

Sometimes I don't miss the '60s so much. My Toyota is faster, handles better, and when it rains I roll the windows up rather than stopping, extracting the side screens, frame, and top from the boot, and erecting the tent. Usually it was easier to just get wet.

Reply to
rbowman

The car cannot apply its own power when falling. On a downhill road it can.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes well I wouldn't expect an antique like that to be clever enough to choose its own gears. The car I referred to above was built in 1998.

Modern convertibles will move the roof themselves, while you're still going up to 20mph.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword