OT: Feeling cold

Why don't you just drive through it?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I feel pain about the same as the average person. Pain being things like picking up the wrong end of a soldering iron, stubbing my toe on something, you know, things that actually damage you.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Most cars do not function all that well with a foot of snow on the ground, also, the mailman will not deliver in that.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

If you live somewhere like that, get a 4x4.

Then he is unfit for his job.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword
[snip]

When we had an ice storm in 1990, I stood outside for almost an hour. Temperatures were in the low twenties but no wind and it didn't feel cold at all. I wanted something interesting to do so I stood there watching people trying to get their cars out of a parking lot that had an exit near the highest point. Most didn't make it.

[snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

In that position I would have had the desire to show off and tow them all up.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Arthritis.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I was referring to fit and healthy folk.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If you think a 4x4 is some sort of magic, invincible machine you

A. never drove one B. are a truly ignorant wanker

Reply to
rbowman

Why wasn't there a

C. all of the above

Reply to
RonNNN

Only with shitty circulation and the stupidity not to put your fingers under your armpits.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Ok, smart ass, where do you put your toes?

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Against the other leg alternately.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I've driven a Honda CRV (which is useless - mainly because it has no difflock, and even the 4 wheel drive only comes on after it senses slipping, which is too late), and a Range Rover (which is excellent). A proper big heavy 4x4 with good ground clearance will go through a lot of snow. A foot isn't that much snow for a large vehicle. FFS I've driven an auto Golf TDI up a hill with 8 inches of snow, and that was front wheel drive. It did on one occasion stop being able to get grip, so I floored it up to about 90mph (wheel speed) and dug a big track all the way up.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

rbowman posted for all of us...

You mean when you have ice all over your helmet, gloves and turnouts and you walk like a monster from a grade Z movie? Yeah, been there...

Reply to
Tekkie®

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Numb is when your circulation and nerves are shutting down. Ever heard of hypothermia? Just because you can handle something does not mean others can. That is your problem: you assume you are "normal" while everyone else is not.

Reply to
Tekkie®

James Wilkinson Sword posted for all of us...

Also in my last post I forgot to state we all know you and we consider you nuts so don't restate this obvious.

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

+1 Choice B is the answer!