OT: Feeling cold

RonNNN posted for all of us...

We didn't want to engage him him on his motoring skills; we he knows are superlative.

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:35:30 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

rote:

Ice on your helmet? [titter]

-- =

"Boy, will I give YOU a haircut!" said Tom barbarously.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:39:30 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

swimming in ice water for a couple of hours and running around the moun= tains naked in a blizzard). But it's not uncomfortable. Numb isn't sor= e, numb is a lack of feeling.

To keep the heat in. That's all, no need for concern.

It's a myth. Only cold blooded creatures like goldfish suffer/die in th= e cold.

I'm not superhuman, if I can do it so can you and everyone else.

-- =

Backup not found. A)bort, R)etry or P)anic?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:42:01 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

swimming in ice water for a couple of hours and running around the moun= tains naked in a blizzard). But it's not uncomfortable. Numb isn't sor= e, numb is a lack of feeling.

Because you're ignorant.

Of not course speak why English not?

-- =

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:44:22 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Noted: Tekkie is a shit driver.

-- =

I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:46:02 -0000, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

Your grammar is waning again.

-- =

Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Some might wonder if you are human at all. Sometimes you come across as a "bot".

Reply to
RonNNN

Where bot = someone with differing opinions to yourself. Hell, I'm speaking to someone who lives in a land where every conversation ends in "but you're a democrat".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yeah, he's managed to get his clapped out Morris Minor up to 47 mph.

Reply to
rbowman

I've never owned anything more shit than a Morris.... er.... Austin.... = er.... Rover Maestro. It was so weak I actually had to drop to 2nd top = gear to get up an incline on a motorway! Still, I could persuade it to = wheelspin out of a junction. I got it to 113mph once, downhill. It vib= rated a fair bit. The off duty policeman I overtook was a little amused= .

-- =

Imagine you are a child in your mother's womb, can you detect light? Only during ballet practice.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I didn't know there were any hills that high in Scotland...

Reply to
rbowman

Acceleration is up to 9.8m per second squared. 113mph doesn't take long.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

WTF, that is in a freefall, not what a shitty car can achieve.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Shitty cars accelerate just as quickly on downhills.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

A slope is nowhere near the same as a free fall, moron.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

You didn't say you drove off a cliff. Even at that the drag coefficient of the average Brit car, which is somewhat like that of a barn door, would be an impediment.

Reply to
rbowman

Yes, my AH Sprite did that quite well. I was lucky enough to have a transition model with the new, improved 1098 engine and the old, completely inadequate Mk I drum brakes. Long descents were interesting to say the least.

Reply to
rbowman

If he wants to demonstrate his finest Thelma and Louise technique, let him at it. Let me see... The White Cliffs of Dover are about 110 meters at their highest point... No, won't work. Neglecting air resistance, he'd still only get up to 104 mph before embedding himself in the beach. Are there any better cliffs in Britain?

Reply to
rbowman

Actually it's American cars which everyone laughs at using 4 times the fuel as everything else.

Anyway, I wasn't free-wheeling. I had the engine AND gravity. On the flat it did 80mph, so 113 downhill seems reasonable.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

That's why you use a low gear. I've only had to do that once, in the French Alps in a 1998 VW Golf Mk4 TDI Auto 1.9 litre. The brakes smelt funny after halfway down the descent, so I put the lever into 2nd gear.

Dunno if all autos work like that, but you could actually select 1st while going at 100mph. It would drop gears one by one whenever possible without overrevving the engine, and slow the car down rather rapidly without the need for brakes.

I had a rather old (1998) Range Rover 3.5 litre V8 auto. That had no common sense of its own, if I'd selected 1st at 100, it would have blown up. But it did allow me to do silly things like put it in N at full revs, select D, and spin all 4 wheels severely, scaring the shit out of anyone nearby. That and when starting it on LPG it would always backfire loudly. A couple of times it backfired the wrong way and split the air filter in two. Eventually it managed to blow a head gasket and warp something, and I gave up.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword