OT: Definitely NOT politics!

If you have 2 tasks you have to get done in one day, but one task is harder than the other. Do you complete the harder task first and save the easy one for last, or vice versa?
I'm just curious, and it's not about politics!
--
Maggie

"Muggles" wrote in message
If you have 2 tasks you have to get done in one day, but one task is harder than the other. Do you complete the harder task first and save the easy one for last, or vice versa?
I'm just curious, and it's not about politics!
--
Maggie

I would pick harder one first !!!
On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 6:37:44 PM UTC-6, Tony944 wrote:

Me, too!
On 02/27/2017 05:48 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I use to do that as a kid. Then I discovered it took twice as long

I save the easy task for last because then I've got something to look forward to.
--
Maggie

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 17:48:16 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann

Must be a girl thing. My wife said the same thing. I still like putting the low fruit in the bag before I start climbing the tree.
On 2/27/2017 6:53 PM, Muggles wrote:

How dare you post a non political topic.
Easy one first. My mindset is to get it out of the way since the harder one may cause frustration or aggravation and if so, then I won't be in the mood to do another task.

+1 If the first thing is really that easy, you will be in a good mood starting on the hard one. At least you will get one in the bag that day.

1+
I vote yes! Wait, did this just become political? Aw shucks!
Always do the easy one first. It gets you warmed up and in the right mind set. And, it makes the hard one go faster.

"Do the easy one first" certainly seems to win the popular vote ;-)
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:55:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I nearly always do the harder task first. I dread doing it later so I like to get it out of the way.
--
Maggie

Do the easy one first.
It gets your brain and body warmed up for the harder task.

The definitive answer is do the more important one first.
Eg.: You need to put out a grease fire in the kitchen or answer the phone. Answering the phone is easier, but the fire is more important.
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:18:01 -0600, Gordon Shumway

Hmmm... that makes sense.
What if one task isn't more important than the other? They both just have to be done today...just ones harder to do than the other?
--
Maggie

On 02/28/2017 12:18 AM, Muggles wrote:

Urgency is important too. For example:
Task A needs to be done sometime today or tomorrow.
Task B is the most important, and needs to be done today before sunset (it's an outdoor task).
Task C is the least important, and needs to be done before 11AM today.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Harder one first. That's where most of your energy goes.
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:15:35 -0800, Vic Smith

I suppose we need to define "harder". Are we talking about hard, like cleaning an oven or hard like rebuilding an engine that you are not even sure what is wrong with?

My harder tasks tend to be more like weeks than being finished in a day. Anything I can do in a day is not hard.

That's another interesting answer!
--
Maggie

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:53:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Also depends on rush hour traffic. And maybe when the store closes.