OT: Amazon Debits Card Before They Ship

I made one of my infrequent purchases from Amazon last week and not being a Prime member, free delivery was scheduled for a week out. Fine, it's not like I needed the four items in any kind of a hurry.

But they charged my credit card $96 right when the order was placed...then a day later, emailed that parts of the order would be "delayed due to supply chain issues."

Like I said, no problem. I understand supply chains issues...and the items are just spares. They get here when they get here.

But the billing cycle on the credit card closed. And now I've been charged-- and may have to pay-- well in advance of whenever I'm going to get my stuff.

Ought to be against the law!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

We don't need more laws. What we need is people being reasonable, something laws can't do.

What you described sounds like the usual "assume you're a criminal" stuff than businesses do.

Reply to
Sam E

I made the same type of purchase for 3 items fom several venders. One was the holdup, so I canceled it and reordered from another vender. No problem. Two items came right away and the third a week later.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I have noticed that when they say something is in stock, create a shipping, that they bill me.

If they find they have no actual stock to fill the package, then I see a refund.