OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

A GI ended up with his picture all over France.

Dean Hoffman

Reminds me of a cousin in the navy lost at the Anzio beachhead. His coke bottle glasses made him 4F for the army but the navy took him. True patriot.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

A lot of Americans think that the French are ungrateful snobs but I found that to be untrue. The above is a good example. When visiting there a few years ago we drove up Liberty Road, the road that Patton's Third Army took liberating France. It runs from the beach at Normandy, across France, all the way to Bastogne in Belgium. Every kilometer there is a commemorative marker at the side of the road.

Reply to
trader_4

A day at the beach:

RosemontCrest

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:24:13 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

RIP, all of them!

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:41:45 -0700, RosemontCrest posted for all of us to digest...

So often forgotten. ;-(

Reply to
Tekkie©