No hot water pressure in shower

We have a shower with a single handle. Hot water only trickles out of the faucet or shower head, but cold water works fine. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong. We get hot water everywhere else in the house.

Reply to
dgd077

I would guess that there is a filter screen somewhere on the hot water that is clogged.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You might try removing the valve cartrige, debris can get stuck inside

Reply to
m Ransley

to determine how successful you are, write down how many seconds does it take to get a gallon of hot? cold? warm?

you could open up the fixture and flush out the fixture, flush out the debris in stop valves below by opening and closing them with the water running thru them.

here's a trick i used > We have a shower with a single handle. Hot water only trickles out of the

Reply to
buffalobill

If there is a pressure balancing unit (minimizes the impact of reduced flow to prevent fluctuations in temp) it may not be moving, and may need replacing.

-g

dgd077 wrote:

Reply to
garmo