New Home Depot store security

You prefer to have your video cameras hidden? The setup is meant as a deterrent. It's a much better deterrent if it's visible.

RicodJour

No, I don't believe it. A store wouldn't take back a big ticket item without a receipt. Period.

Please provide a link to such an item on eBay. Thanks.

RicodJour

wrote

Looks like we'll be going to Mazatlan this year for a couple of weeks. Last trip, I learned that the hotel owns the beach in front of the hotel, and doesn't mind if guests metal detect. So, I'm going to take mine. But, in order to do that, I need to make a new shaft that will break down into shorter lengths so it will fit into the dictated dimensions. I am interested in finding out if it will be allowed in carry on, and somewhat dismayed, as I will be in a spot when I find out if they will let it on the plane. I believe I will remove all batteries from it so that is not an issue.

These people are nuts. Common sense is dead.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You will need the batteries to show TSA that it operates or they will confiscate it.

RicodJour

Here's another idea. If you know where exactly and when exactly you are going, just ship it there (and back) UPS.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Can you put it in your checked bags? We take all sorts of wield stuff on vacation.

Reply to
gfretwell

i COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE CAMERAS, I JUST REFUSE TO HAVE TO SEE MYSELF AS I WALK THRU THE STORE.

I really dont like my own personal appearance, and many people are like me

Reply to
bob haller

TY. Good idea, because if I get into line, and it creates a stir, it could keep me off the flight. I really would like to metal detect on this stretch of beach, as it is a high end RCI property, and I think I could find something. With the price of gold today, I could pay for the two weeks. Or at the least, get a couple of room or phone numbers ................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

To me, it depends on size, and in its present form, it is about 36" long in its carrying case, outside the parameters of that little test box for carry-ons. I know some flight attendants are reasonable people, and then, some are not.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Take the sensor head off, paint the tip of the pole white and wear dark glasses. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

One of the freight carriers (I think UPS) makes a box that looks like colorful Japanese cardboard luggage in which you can ship your stuff to your destination hotel in advance. It's certainly cheaper than the $50 or so bag charge that some airlines have (Yeah, Southwest).

Over the years, we've shipped much convention stuff to our destination hotel. Here's an example of the address tag:

Guest John Smith Best Inn Hotel

1111 Main Street Little Rabbit, Oklahoma 78787
Reply to
HeyBub

Fly first class and they won't screw with you about your luggage.

Reply to
gfretwell