Need help with rabbits!

We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern California)

Reply to
Walter R.

Legally? :)

Covering them until they're large enough to fend probably only practical option...

Reply to
dpb

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

Clean and skin rabbits. Quarter and place in slow cooker. Cover with

2 cups tomato sauce, chopped up onion, dash of balsamic vinegar and worcestire sauce. Add some potatoes and carrots. Cook on low heat for 8 hours. Enjoy.
Reply to
bigjim

You catch them skin them clean them and have nice neighborhood barbeque don't you think would that be nice and neighborly.

Reply to
tony

Elmer Fudd will get doze wascally wabbits for you.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

Hi, We have that trouble year round living near wilderness park. We use chicken wire cage to cover any plants they like to eat. Deer even crashed our picket fence to eat our apple.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm, Hope this is a joke.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Bushmaster M242, 25 mm chain gun..

Reply to
willshak

If the OP lives in the city that would likely be illegal as in mine. I've overcome this situation with a 5mm Sheriden 10 pump air rifle that will pierce a 55 gal drum. Perfect for small rodents and is very accurate and legal.

Reply to
Meat Plow

theres dried blood, you put it around the odor scares rabbits, also some chemicals that do the same thing.

ideally plant stuff that rabbits dont like

Reply to
hallerb

Borrow a dog, and one of those igloo doghouses, for a few weeks, till the plants get established. Try to borrow one that is used to living outside on a tether, and won't whine all night. (Of course, feed it and play with it and such during the hours the rabbits aren't around. Even working dogs need social contact.)

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Horrify the neighbors!

Buy some chicken wire and make some domes that are 6" bigger than the plants. While this one will upset the neighbors it will keep you out of all kinds of trouble that might arise from some of the other methods suggested.

Note running an extension cord to the wire cages will get you right back in trouble again. -:)

Reply to
Colbyt

Yes it is a joke,,, USE A BARRET .50 BMG

SD

Reply to
S H O P D O G

We got "All Natural Rabbit Solution" for $24.99 from the local garden center. Will also repel raccoons. Label says "Great for Vegetable Gardens" "...can be applied to all shrubs, edible crops and fruit trees"

Do a google search for "Rabbit Repellent" and you'll find a wide variety of products.

Reply to
Julie

California, eh?

First you will need a permit from the State Department of Rabbit Abatement...

Reply to
HeyBub

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Try it out on yourself. Report back with the results.

Reply to
Me

"S H O P D O G" wrote in news:tniHi.1751$6B2.622@trndny04:

Report back with the results after you use it on yourself.

Reply to
Me

"tony" wrote in news:0XdHi.2527$io2.581@trnddc06:

Report back with the results after you perform the skinning and cooking on yourself.

Reply to
Me

Meat Plow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.alt.net:

Report back with the results after you use the rifle on yourself.

Reply to
Me