planting flowers that rabbits won't eat

Hello, live in atlanta suburbs and wanted some feedback from others on successful flowers you have planted in a rabbit prone area.

The house is surrounded by large trees and bushes.

The rabbits are eating all the flowers we have planted so far.

We don't want to harm these creatures just trying to avoid planting things they like.

Any suggestions? THANKS

Reply to
ap

Flowering cacti. :)

-Bill H.

Reply to
Bill H.

"ap" expounded:

Seriously.....get a dog. I had a basset hound for 12 years, and had absolutely no rabbit damage - now this year (she died last May) I've found things nibbled down to the ground.

Reply to
Ann

I know it's been said before, but pepper spray works. Check the archives for one or more recipes.

Reply to
lgb

avoid planting things they like.

I live in Ohio and definitely sympathize with your problem. Wooded, 3 acres in the country. I haven't had much luck with flowers, but I've noticed rabbits do not bother lilacs, red twig dogwoods, hollies, lavender is the only flower they haven't touched Everything else gets rabbit fencing, ugly but effective. I plant flowers and herbs in pots and put them on the porch, they don't seem to bother with those. We have 2 dogs...doesn't seem to phase the rabbits, they just run into the woods and reappear when the dogs leave the area. This is the first year I'm planting a vegetable garden and surrounded it with the rabbit fencing. Some people have told me to put human hair around plants (didn't work), they've told me to try fox urine...don't think that's going to happen. I've found the best way to deal with them is to just enjoy watching their antics in the yard, and try to keep plants out of their reach.

Diane

Reply to
DK

I've never had a daffodil nibbled. Don't know how they fare farther south. Rick in NW OH.

Reply to
Ol' Duffer