My electrician is coming Thurs to install an additional 100A subpanel, and

Not the rich so much as those who can afford to install them.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That $2.50 was a "sale" that happens in the spring around here. It is usually higher. Looking at a price citation on

It says $4.69. That makes your therms $4.26

Last month 11.24 cents per KWH. (Total Bill/KWH)

Reply to
gfretwell

Blue state person no doubt

How does your solar benefit that single mom how now has to pay more for her power to subsidize your science fair project? If they are crediting you more than the fuel savings from your panels, someone else is paying for all of that infrastructure.

That just means you are slicing your W4 and other withholding as tight as you can get it.

Really? You are deluded. Your share of all of that infrastructure is certainly more than $10 a month. Ten bucks barely covers their administrative fee (AKA Customer charge) and you are certainly getting a break on the taxes, again subsidized by someone else. On my most recent bill "Fuel" was about 20% of it. What else are you saving them?

Customer charge:$8.28 Non-fuel:(First 1000 kWh at $0.066850)$171.43(Over 1000 kWh at $0.077400) Fuel:(First 1000 kWh at $0.022270)$65.87(Over 1000 kWh at $0.032270) Electric service amount245.58 Storm charge3.15 Gross receipts tax6.38 Franchise charge11.81 Taxes and charges21.34

It is simply giving your voters what you promised them after you won. The people you voted for got you that sweet deal on your solar didn't they? It is just rich people welfare at it's finest.

Reply to
gfretwell

Excuse me, those rich enough to install them. That works. It also excludes vast swaths of the population who either rent or who couldn't come up with a thousand bucks if their life depended on it.

Reply to
gfretwell

No way, you have always been completely inexcusable.

Those who arent too poor to install them, actually.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

  'Lectric here is around a dime a kw/hr all in , we heat water with it . Propane varies , usually around $2-2.50 /gallon . But I don't care , we heat with wood and it's "free" - well not really , but gas to cut and split plus my labor is cheaper than any other alternative out here . And our woods are healthier for the culling I do .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

True. However, heat pumps are decidedly more expensive than conventional furnaces to install and maintain, so that does need to be considered.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

Sure, but that's a religious argument, not an economic one. I'll meet you at the pub of your choice in 2319 and we can discuss whether or not hydrocarbon fuels have run out. I'll buy the first round.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

Bummer. Definitely region specific. I know places in ag areas where propane rarely goes over $1/gallon. It's used to dry grain and they go through thousands of gallons a month.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

That's for sure. The bill here, it's about half for the electric energy and half for the delivery cost, ie the infrastructure. If everyone was paying $10 a month for delivery, the system would shut down. In fact some states are now addressing this growing and unfair problem. Solar customers can have a near zero bill, but they need the grid when the sun isn't shining to power their homes and they need it when the sun is shining to be able to sell their power.

Reply to
trader_4

The price is very volatile here. I see that $4 price a lot. I only use it to run my generator these days Originally I got it for a pool heater and I burned over 100 gallons in a few days, maybe a week. I never turned the heater on again. As long as I can keep my tank topped up at the special deal price I am good.,

Reply to
gfretwell

If you live in a place where heat pumps actually work, you probably have an A/C anyway. The incremental cost for the reversing valve is minimal.

Reply to
gfretwell

Several of my neighbors are in the roofing biz, The love solar power. It really pumps up their business. Roofers may be the best person around to give you a lead on someone selling used solar panels. That is where I got two sets of pool heater panels. A hurricane (Irma) shredded the first set.

Reply to
gfretwell

A huge percentage of Americans couldn't scratch together HALF of that

- - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

For air based heat pumps, true. Those tend to be found in areas where winters aren't particularly cold. Unfortunately, when temps drop below freezing, they revert to resistence heating.

I have relatives with a geothermal system. Definitely works year round, but much more expensive to install. It also had to be replaced after 10 years, which wasn't cheap.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

When my wife was selling A/C she was amazed at the number of people living in gated communities in 3500 sq/ft houses with luxury cars in the driveway who couldn't come up with $5000 and couldn't get a loan.

Reply to
gfretwell

Just like the taxpayers ARE paying for the trillion or 2 per year tax break for the ultra rich, and the corporations that used it to enrich their executives by driving up stock prices with buybacks using most of their part of it.

Reply to
Bob F

The whole kit and kaboodle was leveraged to the hilt - that's why so many lost virtually everything in 08. In many cases they only "owned" less than 10%.

My last car payment and my last mortgage payment were about the same time - about 1992?. (at about age 40) My last new car (actually my ONLY new one) was 1976.

Going for a mediteranean cruse in October.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

There's more involved than just a reversing valve.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Must be why they walk everywhere because they can't afford any sort of ar. - - -

Reply to
jeikppkywk