JB Waterweld crumbly when using?

I opened a package of JB Waterweld putty today. When I went to mix it, the outer putty was quite crumbly. I just about tossed it, but I could feel it heating up a bit as I mixed. It took a lot of effort, but I was able to crush most of the crumbles. I see no expiration dates listed on their website, but I wonder if I made a mistake using this putty i.e. will it ever cure and will it have the advertised strength?

Reply to
Larz