Motion of a cat

Hey, shit-for-brains...how did he read my reply - and every other post I've ever sent in his direction - in a.h.r?

When you walk off that roof, take your computer with you. You obviously don't know how things work.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

The first person to sail out of sight of land probably figured something was up. I should say far enough out to realize high structures were getting closer to the horizon. By island hopping in the Orkney's and Faroes you don't spend too much time out of sight of land (cliffs) going to Iceland.

For real nutters:

It's a nice place to camp near Fort Myers. I haven't been there in decades but Fort Myers was a reasonably nice place compared to the Atlantic coast. Teed preached a subset of the hollow earth theory.

Even old 'it was a dark and stormy night' got into the act.

rbowman

Doesnt explain why some of Columbus's crew came close to mutinying because they decided that they were getting too close ot the edge.

Of course they were stupid wogs.

But the arabs managed to get to what is now Indonesia.

And the Dutch managed to get around the Cape of Good Hope and sail on until they hit Australia. Of course they werent stupid wogs.

Reply to
5tft

They also were a few centuries late:

Columbus may not have been a stupid wog.

rbowman

Oh we'll _tell_ you the result!

Reply to
Clutterfreak

But as you pointed out, those may well have have island hopped.

I meant that those who were worried about going over the edge were stupid wogs.

Clearly Columbus didnt believe that there was any risk of going over the edge.

That would just make him a jewish wog.

Reply to
5tft

Please retake Physics 101.

Most cats do.

Prove it. You never know if it's mated with a cougar.

Healthier? Cat food is reprocessed shit declared unfit for human consumption. Most of it is 90% vegetables, which they can't digest.

Surely Italy has native wildlife?

Because they have the brain capacity of an American.

Do you seriously think a curtain is stronger than a tree?!

No, they're just clumsy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't trust Jews as far as I can throw them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Oooh I do like old electrical stuff!

Disproved.

Commander Kinsey

Psychiatry belongs in a circus.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The first discoverer was a member of the famous Norse Fugawi clan that was lucky enough to run into something after he missed Greenland completely. The sagas are cloudy but he may have found Baffin Island.

They were a little later than Columbus. The Basques were just looking for a good fishing hole and not interested in conquering lands for god and country so they don't get much mention.

The Basques were mellower than the Norse. Leif's brother Thorvald killed the first batch of natives he ran across and got an arrow in his side for his troubles. His sister, Freydís Eiríksdóttir, also had a bad experience that may have been triggered by introducing a lactose intolerant population to dairy products.

I have to wonder how many more were like the Basques and didn't make enough waves to be in the historical record.

Reply to
rbowman

The can of Friskies says water, poultry byproducts, meat byproducts, liver, fish, chicken, rice. I'm not going to serve it on crackers but the cat likes it.

I bought some of that for a treat. The cat wouldn't touch it. I put it out on the deck. None of the neighborhood cats or the skunks would et it. After that I went back to cheap old Friskies at 50 cents a can.

Reply to
rbowman

I never made it too far in the old testament but it's all laid out in the first book.

Joseph's brothers sell him off to Egypt as a slave.

Joseph worms his way into government and writes home to tell his friends and relatives to come on down the pickings are good.

Joseph corners the grain market, allegedly in some sort of government program.

Bad times come and Joseph sells the grain the farmers grew back to the starving farmers. When they run out of money, he takes real estate, houses, nubile females, whatever.

People start to get pissed. Joe and the gang steal everything that isn't nailed down and decamp in the dark of night.

Tribal god miraculously intervene so they get away with their plunder.

The Egyptians should have taken the long way around the Red Sea, found them, and killed them all, including the sheep and goats. After all that is their tribal god's recommendation for ethnic cleansing.

Rinse and repeat throughout history.

That was Trump's problem. He surrounded himself with people fit the old story about the scorpion and the frog, including the son-in-law.

Reply to
rbowman

But what percentage is in Friskies? Everything I've looked at is less than half meat.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Oh, an American who can handle two syllables and a silent N!

I talk to people in the normal way with no mask. Nobody gives a f*ck around here.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Now please show us takes 1 thru 79.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You can get microchip ones. They usually f*ck up.

There's a woman who lives a mile from me who often finds her cat a mile the other side of me in a farm. The stupid thing decided to make it's home in my house along with my cats. The conversation I had with her was amusing:

Her: "You have no right to steal someone else's cat." Me: "It went through my catflap of it's own accord." Her: "Why didn't you phone me?" Me: "How was I supposed to know it's your cat? If it prefers my house to yours, perhaps you should be nicer to it." Her: "What food do you use?" Me: "Just tinned meat from Tesco." Her: "Well if you're going to put out wet meat of course he'll prefer that. I just give him dry food." Me: "So it's my fault for feeding them better?" Her: "They don't need wet meat." Me: "They clearly prefer it." Her: "Don't let him in your house again. He's my property." Me: "And just how do you suggest I do that? A sign perhaps? Can he read English?"

She hasn't spoken to me since.

Some people have a habit of castrating them to stop them breeding. They should be jailed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No real analysis but one of the pros is 'Primarily made with animal-sourced protein' and 'Aside from a small amount of rice, the food is virtually free of grains, fruits, and vegetables.'

The kibble is heavy on corn and soy. It may be the cat version of junk food but he likes it. He doesn't finish the can of wet food at one go and if I throw a scoop of dry food in with it he'll eat some dry and some wet.

For real enthusiasm, raw hamburger, pork, chicken, salmon and so forth that he bums when I cooking beats cat food. He's lukewarm on tilapia and rockfish, not that I blame him, and doesn't like trout. I'd bought some trout and didn't care for it and tried to pass it off on him.

In the summer he supplements his diet with fresh food but hunting is scanty in the winter.

Reply to
rbowman

Herbst would be better. Autumn is a Latin word passed through the filter of the French that invaded Britain.

I'm sure there are some masked Karens that would like to criticize my lack of a mask but this isn't an area where people tend to get in your face.

Reply to
rbowman

Now that would have been a fun watch!