Motion of a cat

Hi Rod. Greetings from a.h.r

Tis odd that he doesn't see you here. He'd love to see how badly everyone treats you. :-)

Well, I gotta say that with all the nymshifting you guys do it is kind of hard to keep track of how long anyone has been around.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

You did it again, this is also posted to uk.d-i-y

[KILLFILED]
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'll say it again.

I don't remove newsgroups.

(You really don't know how this all works but it's fun to watch you sputter along.)

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

You mean a small number of morons. Although I suppose if you were in the business of buying and selling morons in bulk, and you did it by weight, like sprouts, and you bought a lot because they were on offer, your partner might comment that it was a large amount of morons, but she would probably just say, "That's a lot of morons. Are you sure you'll move them before they go off?" If you were buying the morons just as they come, you'd probably find it worth while to clean them and grade them. Large medium and small, you know. Probably be more complicated if you were selling them to breeders. Obviously you'd cull the old ones, but then I suppose you'd have to have categories based on sex and age. You might have to sell off the 'wonky' ones cheap.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Are you one of those pricks who objected when supermarkets said "10 items or less"?

You have too much time on your hands.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's just a schoolbook story.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You call them a rude name because you hate the fact that they are better educated and more intelligent than you.

I remember how the kids in the C Stream used to call us A Stream kids names. It's very sad really.

On the contrary I'm a very busy man.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

That wasn't pedantry. It was the correction of a nonsensical remark.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Try to learn the apostrophe rules.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I'm not objecting to your intelligence, I'm objecting to your objection to using a different word when they mean the same thing, and in fact fewer is not a real word anyway, it was made up by an author a long time ago because he thought it sounded elegant.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And you call yourself intelligent. Look up the word context and practise looking for it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The rule is wrong. If something belongs to it, then it deserves a possessive apostrophe, just like he, she, Bill, etc. Try thinking for yourself instead of following rules.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They don't mean the same thing at all! Can't you see the difference, honestly? And it wasn't 'made up by an author'! What tosh!

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

That doesn't follow. Even busy people have hobbies.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You aren't making sense at all.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It is of course entirely your decision, but you may find that you enjoy this group more if you refrain from engaging with those whose only purpose in being here is to hand out heart attacks.

Reply to
Richard Heathfield

No, I find it amusing. But thank you.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

But many (most?) of us don't want to read replies to trolls. Trolls should be killfiled, not fed.

Reply to
Ken Blake

So why are you even in this thread?

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

But many (some?) of us take steps so that we don't have to.

Reply to
Richard Heathfield