Motion of a cat

Cats lie. The cat wanted to go out about 9PM last night and didn't show up until 6PM today for supper. We have a don't ask, don't tell policy. I suppose I could track him. We've got about a foot of snow so there are cat trails here and there.

Reply to
rbowman

In my less mellow days I was reading on a second floor back porch when the downstairs neighbor's cat got annoying. I put the cat in a paper grocery sack and dropped him off the porch.

The cat was back within two minutes and said 'That was fun. Can we do it again?' I gave up at that point.

Reply to
rbowman

The cat followed me up an aluminum ladder to see what I was doing, paw over paw up the rungs. Attempting to go down the ladder was a disaster. He wound up hanging from a rung by his front paws and I had to extract him.

Last fall I was up the ladder pruning the tree and he had to see what I was doing, but that time he climbed the tree, not the ladder.

I guess the old saying about curiosity is true.

Reply to
rbowman

WTF would you call it then? I meant a medium speed, not the fastest they can run at if scared, and not the slow movement when trying to catch prey.

Cats never walk off window ledges?

I've heard it everywhere.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I let mine out whenever they want through a catflap. Many kittens result. Just how far did your one travel?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Enclose the cat in a pillowcase, make sure you're wearing thick gloves, and hold it underwater until it stops moving. I did that to one of mine when he was old and sick and whining in pain. Drowning seemed the nicest thing to do to him.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I was talking about Rod, so yes, I will demonstrate him "falling" off.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Last fall ROFL. So who fell?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

With our cats, such mistakes are usually followed by a frantic, embarrassed, washing session.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Thats because you have neurotic cats.

Of course they do say that pets take after their owners.

With cats its the reverse, the owners take after their cats.

Reply to
5tft

Jeffers is one of my favorite poets. He opposed the US entry into WWII and was a victim of cancel culture before cancel culture was kool.

Reply to
rbowman

Autumn, wise ass. Since the cat was on a slender limb above where I was working I advised him if he fell I wasn't going to catch him. Fuck this covid shit. It's got me talking to cats in my old age.

Reply to
rbowman

I thought about a cat flap but last summer skunks were helping themselves to his food. He has no interest in being indoors in the summer so I leave his bowl on the deck.

I don't think he goes very far. A couple of times I walked to the mailbox but he would only follow me to a particular point and wait for me to return. The last time though he followed me all the way. Maybe he's expanding his horizon, as long as he doesn't find his way to the county road.

The cat was semi-feral and missing his balls when he adopted me. I assume he didn't care much for his last home.

Reply to
rbowman

Ah, that. I don't have a problem with the cat curling up by my feet at night unless he decides on a 12 AM power grooming session.

Reply to
rbowman

There may be some truth in that. The cat doesn't like people, is very independent, and has no desire to wear a mask. His vaccination status is also unknown.

I like dogs but I prefer a cat's attitude.

Reply to
rbowman

Why?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

You mean their offspring are.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

No it isn't friction. Friction would be if it was merely using its pads. If it digs its claws in that's actually a fixing.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Please demonstrate that for us. (see my alternate scenario suggestion)

Please do.

You didn't hear it here.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson