Wonder what AZ is getting/

I wonder if a half Billion will sway Manchin?

gfretwell

Florida got $2 billon from the FAST act in 2020 (that's not counting the $2 billion in federal gas tax revenues that Florida receives each year).

Florida takes more from the federal government than it gives.

Scott Lurndal

Florida has 12 times the population as W Virginia and that number is rising. W.Va population is falling. More people, more cars, more gas tax taken from us and sent to DC. It is only fair that they send some back. California got $4 Billion from FAST. (your cite)

The Feds took 3.7Billion in fuel tax in 2019, the last year I could find reported

You said they only returned $2 billion in gas tax. That's a lotta "vig".

Most of that "federal spending" is simply the fact that we have a lot of military bases and Cape Canaveral here. Maybe if the weather was better in W.Va and they had a more favorable latitude for launching satellites they would do better.

Reply to
gfretwell

Strip out the federal employees that get counted as "spending" and look again. The red states tend to be the home of more military bases for one thing. The blue states don't want them. It results in a lower tax base for them. I will agree states like Mississippi pay far less to the government than they receive but with the exclusion of carpet baggers like Joyce, they have a much lower average incomes so a lot more people pay zero income tax and get more welfare.

Reply to
gfretwell

Absolutely. NYS gets much less from the US Govt than it gives.

When my brother lived in NY, he thought it was because the Congressional delegation worried about big things like foreign policy and national interests, and didn't spend so much time log-rolling for projects, grants, etc. But he was only 30 years old then and if that was part of the reason, it was only part.

Reply to
micky

Or don't.

You know, they write these things down, so your claim is easily disproven.

That's beyond stupid. I say that because it's completely wrong, not because it came from you.

But not nearly as bad as Florida. Florida is #2 on the list of states that take more than they pay, while MS is # 15. Oops, claim busted.

Sometimes, perhaps most times, you post stupid things to see if anyone will notice. This post of yours doesn't rise to the level of stupid. As troll posts go, this was lame. Still suffering from Covid?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Do they launch rockets from Mississippi?

Take out the money they spend at Patrick and Kennedy and see what it looks like. Then take out the money DEA/Homeland spends watching 8400 miles of shoreline. Where are you then? I suppose you would say Mississippi has 360 miles on the Gulf they need to protect from smugglers and terrorists. I would say illegal aliens too but they were trying to get away from a place like Mississippi. ;-)

Scott is the only one who responds with actual facts instead of ad hominem attacks like you do.

I assume you are denying the number of people in Mississippi who pay no federal income tax.

Reply to
gfretwell

I get why you'd want to remove the pieces that make you look silly, but reality doesn't work that way. The reality is that Florida and MS both get back more from the Federal gov't than they pay in, but Florida gets back more than twice what MS gets back. I see you trying to spin that, but it's not working.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

If that money we "get back" is for hours given to the government, isn't that a wash or do you think people work for the communal good comrade?

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm not willing to twist into a pretzel to make your numbers work.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

OK back up. What is the point of that stat?

The Blue State people want to make it sound like it is welfare but in most states it is largely salaries and government contracts. You sucked on the federal tit for a couple decades. Was that money for service rendered or was it just welfare?

Reply to
gfretwell