Motion of a cat

I don't ask the cat where he goes. When I was coming in one evening a woman asked me if the cat had any food sensitivities. I told her he was on a see food diet. She feeds some of the neighborhood cats.

I'd kept a few cans of cat food in case a cat came around and got more variety until this one staked his area out. I definitely don't consider him my cat. I suppose I might be more possessive if I'd paid money for some fancy breed. I was amazed that people actually sell cats.

Reply to
rbowman

We had a neighbor's cat that basically adopted us. He was a strictly outdoor but he spent more time hanging out in our yard vs. his own, which was a few streets away.

The most gentle and friendly cat I've ever known but one who could definitely take care of himself if some other animal F'd with him. I watched numerous standoffs and a few fights and he kick ass every time. He was pretty big and very solid cat.

During his time with us, we got a Pug puppy. Their time on this earth overlapped for about a year and man, did they have some fun together. The Pug would egg the cat on until the wrestling match started. Then they'd roll around on the front lawn with the cat taking it right to the edge but never hurting the puppy. You could actually see him holding back. No hissing, no claws, just a little teeth, but always in charge.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

That's a really stupid reason not to ask her.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

out. I

Reply to
Tony

The game I'm playing, Fallout 4, has a miscellaneous setting "Enable Office Cat".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not owning a cat is a very sensible reason not to ask if it's her cat.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No, that would be because she's 4 foot 10 and wider than that.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's the second time I've seen that word recently. I thought it was only used for "scantily clad". When a test came back from the lab for my parrot saying "scanty yeasts" I thought it was a type of yeast, maybe a small one. Apparently it just means "not much of". So I was being warned there wasn't much bad stuff. The vet told me to ignore it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The French have about 10 times less words than the English. They actually say "le fast food". What's wrong with "le rapide nourriture"? Those words already exist in French.

I love it when someone is really really paranoid. You can repel them like a magnet. They keep precisely 2m from you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Because I hate cats.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I wasn't aware I was in the pedantic alt.usage.english.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Stop lying. Look up. ^

You said the reason was "Because I knew she had a dog."

That's a really stupid reason not to ask her if it was her cat.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

The chances of a dog owner owning a cat instead only a couple of weeks after you saw her with the dog are very remote.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Most people do not own cats and dogs. And I knew she didn't have a cat, but you didn't bother to ask for that information, because you have OCD.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

My favourite of theirs is:

Commander Kinsey

It was last time I looked, must have been a server glitch.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's how Rod works that matters. I've mentioned idiots like you before, so he probably subscribed there to see all you morons that think Google Groups is a newsreader.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

More likely Kinsey brain glitch.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

How it works is all that matters. Rod posts, I see it in a.h.r, I respond in a.h.r and he sees it and responds.

That, you dumb f*ck, is how it works.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Let's try this again..

You: "I asked virtually everyone in the street except her if they knew whose it was. Because I knew she had a dog."

The fact that she has a dog means she couldn't possibly know whose cat it was? Or maybe even own a cat? WTF?

"How many people have both cats and dogs?

In 2018, the survey concluded that 61 percent of U.S. households owned a pet. In 33 percent of cases, this was a dog, 14 percent of households owned both dogs and cats and 11 percent owned just cats. According to this survey, only four percent of households had other combinations of pets."

*Most* is not all.
Reply to
Marilyn Manson