Maytag Dishwasher WU 203

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if somebody in this group could help me with the following problem.

My 10 year old Maytag dishwasher WU 203 is not draining properly. It will drain all right during the first drain cycle, but not during the second one. The motor reverses its direction all right but there is no draining. There is no obstruction in the drain hose, the sink drains all right as well. I took apart the pump assembly all the way down to the drain impeller and everything seems to be ok. I'm totally stumped about this.

I would really appreciate some suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Martin

Reply to
Martin & Karen

Hello,

That model is more like 15+ years old :)

Rubber drain impellor? Many of these swelled out and rubbed the pump assy edge and this would slow down the drain outs. Plastic impellor ( some rubber but motly plastic ones ) can grind out and "freewheel" on the pump assy shaft giving slow/poor drain outs. Belt is ok, some will stretch and slow down.

All the way from the d/w exit port to the house plumbing?

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

The problem was in the drain impeller. I replaced it with a new one (about $15) and now it's working all right again. Thanks Jeff (the appliance guy) for your help.

Martin

Reply to
Martin & Karen