Matching old JMC brick

I'm repairing and repointing my chimney, and I need to match some bricks. They were made at least 30 years ago, and the company stamp is "JMC", which I believe is the "Jova Manufacturing Company" in NY, near Kingston. Does anyone have any idea where I could find matching bricks or at least something close? I've called the local places, but had no luck on the phone. Thanks.

Reply to
<h>

Knock down a neighbors house that has the same brick.

Unfortunately, even if you know the manufacture and model of brick, every run will be a shade different. Finding a 30 year old match is impossible. Just do the best you can by visiting several brick distributors.

Reply to
Art

How many brick you talking about, and how much wall will you be re-laying? Traditional cure is swap out some brick from a hidden area, like behind a bush, and intermix old and new to avoid that patched look. If it is only a couple, some folks have had luck with inserting whimsical accent peices into the wall face, like bird shelves, sun faces, gargoyles, etc.

Like everyone else said, unlikely you will match with new brick, but if it isn&#39;t on street side, and you get close, nobody will care. Is there an architectural salvage place anywhere near you? Some of them keep a decent assortment of used brick for situations like this.

If an entire section of chimney is bad, you could shorten the brick part, and do a contrasting top in some other stone, or black iron or something.

Hard to give better advice without seeing the place.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers