Lift Master Model 985 problems

The garage door opener has stopped moving our door. The motor comes on when we push the start button, but the chain does not move and, therefore, the door doesn't lift. The motor appears to run a full "cycle", but nothing happens. Any ideas on trouble shooting??

Reply to
John

Often caused by stripped plastic gears. When they get old, they get britle and the teethe break. They make a repair kit that includes everything you need, and detailed instructions. It's not that hard to do.

Reply to
salty

Broken chain? sheared drive pin on sprocket?

nick hull
985 model remot opens and closes door once security light goes off. Either way door up or down if security light is on remote will not operate the door until the security light goes off automatically. What's the cure? //
Reply to
Larry Huston