Kenmore Freezer

I purchased a 13 cubic foot upright freezer from Sears in July of 2006. My wife and I were away last weekend. We returned to find a few hundred dollars of spoiled meat and fish. We never buy protection plans because plans because they only extend for five years and we expect major appliances to be functional beyond five years. If they were 20 year plans, I'd gladly pay for them. But 18 months seems to me to be unreasonable.

Since I have yet to discuss this with Sears, I like to know anyone's knowledge and experience.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Hi, Anything from your home insurance?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Can't help with the protection plans- but if you really had spoiled meat after a weekend, then this little $10 gadget would have saved you a bundle-

Unopened, a freezer should keep food frozen for a couple days. You lose your ice cream- but most everything else would be fine if refrozen within a few days.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Any chance something caused the breaker that powers the freezer's plug to trip?

I never buy insurance for stuff I can afford to replace or fix myself. Besides being a money loser it can be a pain to get a claim paid.

Reply to
Jeff