LED bulbs not so bad

I've had flytraps to bloom before, but I didn't try to pollinate the blooms. The octopus plants have about 10 blooms on the stalk and it's blooming from the bottom bloom going up the stalk one at a time. I can try to pollinate the blooms as they open the same way and see how that works.

Reply to
Muggles

So, you've aid a lot -- and avoided the realization that you failed to understand what I wrote. De Nile is a long river.

And that qualifies you for what, exactly? By your logic, a 100 year old driver would be the most "qualified"??

(sigh) Ad hominem attacks. Last refuge for the inept. I think trump is looking for a running mate; you should give him a call! At the very least, he may let you drive his "tour bus"!

Reply to
Don Y

1) blame someone else, for your lack of corrective action and continuing to offend other drivers 2) Refer to some thing unrelated, to try change subject.

I'm quite disappointed in you. I thought you were an adult.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, that sure was simple concept. Now, watch Don Y. dance around some more.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

You know Unc you left a big opening here to make a crude remark. But I ain't taking it. I am reformed. Who knows what will happen in the next ten seconds, my attention span.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I'm waiting for someone to quote a legislative reference. Saying "it's part of an annual inspection" says nothing about what the criteria are!

I doubt you'll find "folks flashing their lights" anywhere in those ordinances! :>

Your turn to dance...

Reply to
Don Y

Don Y posted for all of us...

More like the salvage yard. You got airbags & tensioners going off slightly before crumpling occurs. Major $$$ hit. I question repairs. Some shops were doing dangerous "clips" before these innovations. Of course you pay in purchase price and insurance. More Fire Co. calls for smoke after a crash and the reinforced areas are just that. More work with the tool.

Reply to
Tekkie®

If I was "continuing to offend other drivers", don't you think folks would be flashing their lights at us EVERY DAY? And, when approaching from a distance?

Perrhpas I should wander over to the sheriff's house behind me and have him "inspect" the vehicle? Would you require a NOTARIZED statement from him to indicate they are in compliance?

Then, would you require me to chase down the drivers that have *mistakenly* assumed we had our "highs" on and inform them that they need to adjust their seats, get cataract surgery or whatever else caused them to react thusly?

Or, perhaps change the statutes so all headlights are a fixed distance above grade, all roads perfectly level and all occupants seated at a given elevation above said roadway to ensure their eyes can never stray into a beam of light?

How did my reference to HID/halogen lights "change the subject"? Are they not also lights -- albeit with different output characteristics?

I'll leave you to chase down those ordinances for us, now...

Reply to
Don Y

Don Y posted for all of us...

Don't reply to this fool. If one looks at a late model car the vertical cutoff of headlights is really severe. Of course if Stumped has a 30 yr old overloaded van with Stumpy "upgrades" then yeah it's blinding. Put your eyes on the fog line and you can see.

Reply to
Tekkie®

New car just stops for you. First too close warning, beep , beep, then sudden braking. I don't like it, lowered the beep volume to lowest but the beep is still audible. Same with smart cruise control, will keep distance to front car according to your preset or can cancel the feature at least. And then lane mitigation.... good and bad things with new cars.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cataract, etc. to aging eyes all bright lights are bothersome. That is why I wear custom fit glasses when driving. I don't need help seeing just to reduce the glare and brightness. OEM lights are not so much a problem. All those improperly installed after market stuffs are usually bad and illegal. Intensity and colors, what not. Those improper installation can even cause fire on the wiring.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

And what kinda fool is looking straight into bright lights? I remember when kid, driver training manual mentioned not to look straight to oncoming lights. Look sort of little sideways. I still do.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

In real life, new cars come with electrochromatic mirrors. Tried them? Rear view and side view mirrors. It needs some "get used to" but they help in the night.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"In real life", pre-"electrochromatic mirrors" cost hundreds of dollars. Not cuz today's mirrors are expensive for the EM technology, but cuz they mold the damn things into the body instead of jes making it a bolt-on attachment. Heck, EM welding helmets can be had fer $39! So, why do non-EM sunglasses cost $300!? Don't get me started......

nb

Reply to
notbob

So, you reply only with some absurd thing about the legislation and totally ignore the simple concpet. BTW, Don, that was a good and predictble dance.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Because people buy them. Subaru has another gadget. It has compass embedded in rear view mirror red letters E, N, W, S, etc. after few years the letters don't light up needing to replace the whole mirror which is expensive. CVT has two solenoids molded in one with one connector. If one goes won't shift. Have to replace the whole assembly costing like 1500.00. Usually goes right after warranty runs out. Look at those people lining up at the store trying to get their hands on new iPhones. It is all our fault......

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Sudden Need??? it's been required in USA since about 1986. Where have you been? :-?

Reply to
John G

Stormin Mormon wrote in alt.home.repair:

Grin, BTW, likely no one here remembers me but i remember you. I left many newsgroups 2-3 years ago and came back to this one yesterday. I think I recognize Tony Hwang and a few others as well.

Anyways, I recall my lights failing the tilt test in about 2000, a Ford Escort then. It wasn't terribly expensive. It was one of the 2 headlights.

It happened to a friend of mine with an SUV as well. She got it used and they had to adjust them. Both headlights in her case.

I do not know if this is a common test for state inspection in all states.

What I do know is if folks are flapping beams at you, there's something wrong. People do not do that for the fun of it. If they are doing it at a stop light, then your settings really ARE off.

The science I recall on this type of thing is pretty basic. The main beam of your vehicle's headlights should hit x feet ahead on the pavement. If your vehicle is taller, that means a steeper incline setting.

The angle of my Maxima would not be the same as that of a Ford F150 but the light spread is pretty much the same if correctly set.

Reply to
cshenk

Don Y wrote in alt.home.repair:

Play with someone else.

If folks are flashing lights at you, something is wrong at your end.

On a level road, there is a point where the central beam is to hit the road. I don't know the exact feet it's supposed to be. If you set it

20 feet further out (aka higher beam) you blind other drivers unacceptably. This point of hitting the road x feet ahead, does not change based on vehicle height. Only the angle of the lights changes based on height of vehicle.

It's really basic middle school geometry level stuff.

Carol

Reply to
cshenk

Oren wrote in alt.home.repair: