Will other gas filter substitued for gravity-feed filte?

PepBoys has in stock this gas filter, for $5.

I can have it tomorrow.

I can't tell how big it is -- no specs are listed -- but there is room for a bigger filter than I have now, in my 50cc motorscooter. If the tube is too big for my hoses, I'll see that when I get there.

But I'm worried that maybe this requires a fuel pump to force the gasoline through the filter, and mere gravity won't do it.

Any chance of that? Do filters specifically for gravity feed exist? Is this one:

Pepboys also has other similar filters at the same pr eice.

and
They all end in 00074, but the previous node is different.

Reply to
Micky

I would think it would be fine from that standpoint. Gas is thin, it's just a paper filter and I'd think gas would go right through it. If it was diesel and winter, might be a different story.

Reply to
trader_4

Virtually any filter for a carbureted engine will gravity flow if it is not plugged.

Reply to
clare