Kenmore Washer Dispenser Problems

Hi,

Model#?

Kenmore 90 Plus isn't it!

model# helps.

Clogged hose(s), bad solenoids, bad fill valve are -some- possible trouble makers.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

We have a Kenmore 90 Plus top loading washer that's about 6 years old. It's mechanically sound and has never required a service call.

Both the bleach and fabric softener dispensers are holding water in the reservoir where you pour the product in.

We occasionally use bleach, but we have never really used the fabric softener dispenser.

Possible causes, remedies?

TIA

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Model shows 2 fill valves...one for the incomming water and a second for directing the dispensor water. Shows several miles ( slight exaggeration ) of hoses that may need to be flushed out to help the filling water run into the washer. You should be able to see some breakdows from below...

I'd try a cleaning out first to see what happens :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

On Mon 28 Mar 2005 09:34:18p, Appliance Repair Aid wrote in alt.home.repair:

Well, actually easier to find than I thought.

The model # is 110.28944890

Thanks!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Hi,

The cabinet has 2 large clips....this should help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

On Tue 29 Mar 2005 05:53:07a, Appliance Repair Aid wrote in alt.home.repair:

Hey, thanks, Jeff! Yes, there seems to be "miles" of hose! The diagram is very helpful.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with the water coming in, but there's always some left after the cycle. Maybe a good cleaning will do it. I have a steam generator type cleaner. Could that be helpful in the process?

Also, can you tell me if this type of cabinet top is one held in the front just by clips, or is it screwd down tight?

Thanks, again!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 29 Mar 2005 12:04:36p, Appliance Repair Aid wrote in alt.home.repair:

Thanks, Jeff. This is excellent!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Reply to