is this poison ivy?

Sure looks like it to me .

Reply to
SNAG

More like Poison Oak. but it is a distinction without a difference when you get the rash.

Reply to
gfretwell

Looks like it to me.

Reply to
trader_4

Thanks to all. I spotted it growing up between cracks in the sidewalk today. The cracks and weeds are all going to be treated this week, but the PI will have to be removed first. I am highly allergic so any suggestions for removal welcome.

Reply to
John Ozz

Long sleeve shirt and garden gloves works for me.

Reply to
Dan Espen

If you're going to get poison ivy, you're going to get it.

All this nonsense about gloves, long pants, shoes and socks is nonsense. They don't work. And there's been conflicting information about them, leather gloves, cotton gloves, it's a big jumble, meant to ruin the economy so that trump will lose.

Reply to
micky

Well, I've pulled them bare handed (by mistake), it's not pleasant. I've pulled them with gloves and short sleeves. That mostly works but sometimes I get a rash on my forearms. Long sleeves and gloves always works.

I'm not sure why, but I just pull off the gloves with my hands. I've never gotten a rash by touching the gloves or my shirt.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Roundup should do it. Propane torch but don't breath the smoke. Disposable gloves.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

DEMOCRAT!!

See. Conflicting info. A big jumble.

Reply to
micky

Don't screw around Garlon 4 and diesel ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

When burning poison ivy, wear an N-zero mask and practice social distancing and you should be fine?

Reply to
Wuhan-19 Whisperer

Generic Roundup doesn't touch them. I applied Roundup with a sponge to individual poison ivy plants. No effect at all.

They make herbicides specifically for poison ivy. I tried them too. Not much effect.

Pulling them works.

As I posted previously, I've never had a problem with the gloves I used. When I take them off, I end up touching them. When I put them on later I touch them again. I've never gotten a rash that way.

Reply to
Dan Espen

+1
Reply to
Wade Garrett

It doesn't have much effect on me , but my wife breaks out if she even looks at it . Living out in the woods as we do , it's hard to avoid

- especially for the dog . So one of his watch words is "poison ivy !!" If he approaches a patch that's all I have to say and he backs off . When I do get some on me the clothes I'm wearing go straight from my body into the washing machine with a little extra detergent . And I go straight into the shower .

Reply to
SNAG

Treat it the same time as the rest of the weeds. It's just one small plant, not a giant infestation. Roundup, 4% should do it, especially in the heat.

Reply to
trader_4

I would spray it with something like Bayer Advanced which would not hurt your lawn.

Clipped from Googling:

"2,4-D. 2,4-D is either sold alone or in mixtures with herbicides such as MCPP, dicamba and triclopyr. 2,4-D is only marginally effective in controlling poison ivy. Products that contain 2,4-D in combination with dicamba and triclopyr will provide better poison ivy control than 2,4-D alone."

Reply to
Frank

It didn't look to me like it was growing in a lawn. But if it is, then I'd just put a disposable glove on and pull it out. It's one tiny plant. Poison ivy is harder to kill than lawn weeds and a selective herbicide just makes it harder that one that kills everything.

Reply to
trader_4

I buy the lowest price name brand "brush killer" product the store is selling and that has always done the trick for me. Don't know what the chemicals were.

It's been years since I've had any poison ivy in my large, heavily-wooded yard.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

That's usually Round Up and that will do it. I have it pop up now and then and will use Round Up if nothing else is around and otherwise use the Bayer product.

Reply to
Frank