is this poison ivy?

https://i.imgur.com/qkRbECv.jpg

On 7/26/2020 6:34 PM, John Ozz wrote:

Sure looks like it to me .
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop
Looks like it to me.
On 7/26/20 8:11 PM, SNAG wrote:

+1

More like Poison Oak. but it is a distinction without a difference when you get the rash.
On 7/26/20 7:34 PM, John Ozz wrote:

Thanks to all. I spotted it growing up between cracks in the sidewalk today. The cracks and weeds are all going to be treated this week, but the PI will have to be removed first. I am highly allergic so any suggestions for removal welcome.

Long sleeve shirt and garden gloves works for me.
--
Dan Espen

On 7/26/2020 9:06 PM, John Ozz wrote:

Roundup should do it. Propane torch but don't breath the smoke. Disposable gloves.

Don't screw around Garlon 4 and diesel ;-)
On 7/26/20 10:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

When burning poison ivy, wear an N-zero mask and practice social distancing and you should be fine?

Generic Roundup doesn't touch them. I applied Roundup with a sponge to individual poison ivy plants. No effect at all.
They make herbicides specifically for poison ivy. I tried them too. Not much effect.
Pulling them works.
As I posted previously, I've never had a problem with the gloves I used. When I take them off, I end up touching them. When I put them on later I touch them again. I've never gotten a rash that way.
--
Dan Espen

On 7/27/2020 7:04 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

It doesn't have much effect on me , but my wife breaks out if she even looks at it . Living out in the woods as we do , it's hard to avoid - especially for the dog . So one of his watch words is "poison ivy !!" If he approaches a patch that's all I have to say and he backs off . When I do get some on me the clothes I'm wearing go straight from my body into the washing machine with a little extra detergent . And I go straight into the shower .
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop

Lots of weeds either have naturally or have developed immunity to Glyphosate. Monsanto just isolated that gene and put it in their corn. There are still a few pervasive weeds that Glyphosate kills and I will use it on them (mostly Cogon Grass) but there are plenty of weeds that just laugh at it.
On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 4:45:47 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

ed

ly

I guess now Roundup just kills people, if you believe the ambulance chasing lawyers. I see and hear the ads all the time. " $10 billion waiting, do yo u have non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, a common form of cancer"? "Have you been exposed to RU?" Call sue em and burn em, shysters at law. They actually admit in the ad that the cancer is common to begin with, but in court, well then your case has to be caused by RU and you claim you soaked yourself in it, day after day, but that you'd be a moron to do that, shouldn't enter into i t either.
On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 9:08:01 PM UTC-4, John Ozz wrote:

Treat it the same time as the rest of the weeds. It's just one small plant, not a giant infestation. Roundup, 4% should do it, especially in the heat.
On 7/26/2020 9:06 PM, John Ozz wrote:

I would spray it with something like Bayer Advanced which would not hurt your lawn.
Clipped from Googling:
"2,4-D. 2,4-D is either sold alone or in mixtures with herbicides such as MCPP, dicamba and triclopyr. 2,4-D is only marginally effective in controlling poison ivy. Products that contain 2,4-D in combination with dicamba and triclopyr will provide better poison ivy control than 2,4-D alone."
On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 9:05:26 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

walk

, but

It didn't look to me like it was growing in a lawn. But if it is, then I'd just put a disposable glove on and pull it out. It's one tiny plant. Poison ivy is harder to kill than lawn weeds and a selective herbicide just makes it harder that one that kills everything.
On 7/27/20 9:05 AM, Frank wrote:

I buy the lowest price name brand "brush killer" product the store is selling and that has always done the trick for me. Don't know what the chemicals were.
It's been years since I've had any poison ivy in my large, heavily-wooded yard.
--
Whenever a paper straw dissolves in my mouth while my Coca-Cola cup is
still half full, I ask myself- do we really need turtles?
On 7/27/2020 11:38 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

That's usually Round Up and that will do it. I have it pop up now and then and will use Round Up if nothing else is around and otherwise use the Bayer product.
On 7/27/2020 11:35 AM, Frank wrote: ...

Roundup _IS_ a Bayer product.