Is there a way to get UPC labels from a box?

CAREFUL!

UPS labels (for sure) and many others are printed with thermal printers. Heat the label and the whole thing turns black.

Solvents for the glue work best. Rubber Cement thinner is superior to anything else, Naptha is #2. WD-40 is about number five.

Reply to
HeyBub

No, the UPC and serial number labels are NOT part of the box. They are another paper label pasted on just like the UPS label. Only they were like

1"x2" in size, and the big UPS label on top of it, is 3"x5" in size. Hope this is more clear now.

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

You're probably screwed. But the good news is that manufacturers seldom pay $100 rebates anyway, even if you send in everything perfectly.

I would use a penetrating oil to ruin the adhesive. The labels should peel off a day or two later. Too agressive of a solvent may dissolve the ink on the UPC label.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

So make it defective. What is the problem?

bob

Reply to
Robertm

"No, the UPC and serial number labels are NOT part of the box. They are another paper label pasted on just like the UPS label. Only they were like

1"x2" in size, and the big UPS label on top of it, is 3"x5" in size. Hope this is more clear now. "

It still is not clear what you have successfully removed with the hair dryer. Is it the UPS label that was covering the UPC? If so, why can't you now just cut out the piece of box with the UPC label on it and send that in?

Reply to
trader4

manufacturers seldom

perfectly.

I've never failed to get a rebate, although a couple have required persistance.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Use naptha, not WD-40. Ronsonol lighter fuel (in the blue and yellow bottle) is 100% naptha. It evaporates, leaving no oily residue, but will dissolve the adhesive and allow the two layers to be separated.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Soak it in naptha. Naptha is least likely to attack the inks.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Get a light duty heating gun and heat the area, it should peel right off. I've done it 1,000 or more times.

Reply to
fram_james