Installing a vanity sink and base

I am about to install a 48-inch bathroom vanity base with a one-piece "cultured marble" vanity top/sink. Both are low-end items (a Virginia Marble VM101 white-vein/white vanity on top of a Kompact Kitchen V48S vanity base).

I know how to secure the base to the wall, but I am not sure how to secure the vanity sink/top to the base so it will stay securely in place. The limited installation instructions that came with the cultured marble vanity top/sink say to apply a thin bead of "sealing compound" to the top of each corner of the vanity base and set the cultured marble top in place. Then carefully apply a bead of "sealing compound" where the backsplash meets the wall.

My question is, what do they mean by "sealing compound"? Do I use silicone caulk, or do I use an adhesive-type caulk?

Reply to
BETA-32

Silicone.

Reply to