EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50
1. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have
plenty of room at each side.
2. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms
straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you
can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find
that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
3. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.
4. Over several weeks, try 50-lb potato sacks and then
eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack
in each hand
and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at
5. After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each
of the sacks.