I see this drill motor at Home Depot:-

Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Lithium Ion Drill P897

The customer reviews did not seem as good as I had hoped and I thought I'd ask if you have an opinion of it.

TIA.

Lewis

*****
Reply to
limeylew

You must really want to know since you posted your question twice. ;-)

I have a DeWalt 18V drill and circular saw and a DeWalt corded palm sander and grinder. I have a Porter Cable router and circular saw. I have a Harbor Freight disk sander, a Craftsman table saw from the '70's and a number of other power tools from various manufacturers, but none from Ryobi. I am very satisfied with the tools I own, even the HF sander.

Last month I was visting my dad (300 miles away) and I didn't bring any of my tools since he said he didn't have any jobs for me. Well, it turned out that few things needed to be fixed and I had to use his Ryobi 18V drill and circular saw. I do not know the model numbers, but they weren't Lithium models.

I was not impressed. The saw seemed under-powered even though the battery was fully charged and the blade was sharp. The drill didn't seem to have as much torque as my DeWalt. Overall I felt like I was using inferior tools compared to my own.

Admittedly, I was not using the same model as the one you are looking at, but based on my experience, I won't be purchasing any Ryobi tools in the future.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

save your money for a real drill

Reply to
ChairMan

I have a low opinion of Ryobi tools. They may be OK for the guy that puts in a half dozen screws a year, but for the serious tool used, that brand is way at the bottom.

Panasonic, Milwaukee, Bosch are in the top end.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No Makita in there? Bosch is the best, IMO.

Reply to
krw