Cordless Drill recommendation

A friend wants a cordless drill for general DIY around the home. Not too heavy, and with batteries that keep a reasonable charge between uses. Any recommendations up to ฃ100?
Thanks, Rob
Add pictures here
โœ–

Definitely go for NiMH or Lithium ion, don't touch NiCad (which are still around, e.g. on cut price De Walt, I think).
I'd say a spare battery and a big charger so that they recharge in an hour is more important than voltage. I've had a 14.4 volt Ryobi which has had heavy use. I had to re-cell one battery last year but that has still been reliable, nice to use, and good value. Makita always gets good reviews.
If I were in the trade I'd want pro models with hammer action. As a domestic user I manage fine with mains hammer drills (a Ryobi again for normal, and a budget SDS for big holes) and just use the cordless for drilling wood (up to 1 inch) and metal (up to about 1/4 inch) and driving screws.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 28/03/2011 19:22, Rob wrote:

Gotta be the bargain of the century
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/25293/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Bosch-GSB-14-4VLI-14-4V-Combi-Drill

โœ–

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/25293/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Bosch-GSB-14-4VLI-14-4V-Combi-Drill
I'd certainly have one, if I were shopping.
Add pictures here
โœ–

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/25293/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Bosch-GSB-14-4VLI-14-4V-Combi-Drill
Or
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Cordless%20Drill%20%2F%20Drivers%2010.8V&product ”367
--
Cheers,

John.

โœ–
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:10:22 +0100, The Medway Handyman

Possibly, but Screwfix had a combi drill (14.4v or possibly 18v NiMh) and an SDS drill (GBH 2-24 iirc) in a package deal for under a ton early last year.
Add pictures here
โœ–

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/25293/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Bosch-GSB-14-4VLI-14-4V-Combi-Drill
Many thanks you and everyone. I got that one, Screwfix is nearby. Quite fancy it for myself now!
Rob
Add pictures here
โœ–