remote control fireplace starter

I've got a house with a skytech remote control that supposed to turn on and off the fireplace. My question is where on the net can I buy another remote similar to what I have. I want to have a 2nd remote in case the first gets lost or damaged but I was told by one local outfit that you have to buy it with a new receiver. In other words, I can't do what I want without replacing the existing receiver in the fireplace. Anyone know if this is true?
And where on the net can I buy another remote and or remote/receiver ? This local outfit quoted me $125 for the remote and receiver. He said I could install the receiver in about 20 minutes. I'm new to this stuff.

I just googled some starters and may have the answer to my question. I only went to one site but it said the receiver (which had my remote with it in the picture) could learn 2 other skytech transmitters so I think the local outfit was wrong. Suggestions??

http://www.fireplaceremotecontrols.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_35&products_id 9 Receiver will learn up to 2 additional SkyTech transmitters
The local guys are idiots, pay no attention
Free 1-888 Help Line for live assistance from Skytech
Each transmitter can use one of 1,048,576 unique security codes. It may be necessary to program the remote receiver to LEARN the security code of the transmitter upon initial use, if batteries are replaced, or if a replacement transmitter is purchased from your dealer or the factory. When matching security codes, be sure slide button on the receiver is in the REMOTE position; the code will NOT LEARN if the slide switch is in the ON or OFF position. Program the remote receiver to LEARN a new security code Push and Release the LEARN button on the top of the remote receiver and then Press the ON or OFF button on the transmitter. A change in the beeping pattern, at the receiver, indicates the transmitters code has been programmed into the receiver. When an existing receiver is matched to a new transmitter, the new security code will override the old one.

Thanks Ed. That should do it <grin>.