Huge foundry from 100 years ago

I live just a few blocks from here but only recently found the history

philo

Thanks for posting. It was a good read.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Thanks for posting - I like the chimney demolition story. The factory-on-the-river photo reminded me of where I grew up -

- in a southern Ontario textile region - where the rivers were used for power - and for industrial waste disposal .. Can we expect a return to that under The Scary Clown ? ... I sure hope not. John T.

Reply to
hubops

To me it was an amazing find....

Just before I moved in just a few blocks away, it had been a warehouse that had burned down. Never even knew that it was a factory.

They spent 40 years removing the bricks for re-use...still a few left.

Reply to
philo

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR FUTURE AFTERLIFE WILL LOOK LIKE....

Reply to
herbal_fresh