Huge foundry from 100 years ago

I live just a few blocks from here but only recently found the history
https://milwaukeenotebook.com/2016/02/29/national-brake/

Thanks for posting. It was a good read.

Thanks for posting - I like the chimney demolition story. The factory-on-the-river photo reminded me of where I grew up - - in a southern Ontario textile region - where the rivers were used for power - and for industrial waste disposal .. Can we expect a return to that under The Scary Clown ? ... I sure hope not. John T.
On 03/20/2017 06:58 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

To me it was an amazing find....
Just before I moved in just a few blocks away, it had been a warehouse that had burned down. Never even knew that it was a factory.
They spent 40 years removing the bricks for re-use...still a few left.

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR FUTURE AFTERLIFE WILL LOOK LIKE....