What I read (don't know if it's true). If you burn poison ivy,
the poison part turns to vapor, and floats away. Which isn't good
if a senstive person is down wind, and is in contact with the
poison vapor. Gives allergic reaction on skin, eyes, lungs,
mouth, nose, etc.
Wrap the plants in plastic bags and send to the landfill is the
advice I remember.
Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Do you care if the surrounding plants are killed off too? Roundup tends to
kill everything, while others can be more selective.
I would try Ortho Brush-B-Gone Poison Ivy Remover. Here's a picture:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/pop-print/larger-image.aspx?prodNo098 and the
ad it comes from:
I think I saw it at Home Depot, but I think any store that carries Scott
lawn products will carry it. I should mention I've never tried it, so I
don't know if it actually works.
Whatever you use, you may have to apply 2 or 3 applications to get it
completely gone. If the vine is really thick, you'll probably have to cut
it manually. Good luck with getting rid of it.
On Aug 5, 4:26 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org (Dick Adams) wrote:
I have had good luck with an Ortho product "Weed-be-Gone" It works
pretty well and is selective that it doesn't kill everything. It takes
about a week and gradually the PI just withers a dies. It is an on
going battle though as others have described, the birds and plants
just keep reseeding. I would buy the concentrate and apply with a pump
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.