How to annoy the entire street

Snowflake.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Your houses are further apart.

As I just said, your houses are further apart.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There's no place to park a car on the side of the road that I live on. It's a semi-rural road with one- and two-acre lots. Everybody parks in their driveway or garage.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

The place I'm referring to is a large town. Loads of parked cars.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In my experience (Chicago, Denver) those areas had back alleys for trash pickup (and some deliveries) Otherwise it was "alternate night no-parking" on the street.

Reply to
Anonymous

WTF is alternate night no parking?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Once a week, usually for a few hours in the morning, no parking is allowed on one side of the street or the other to allow for trash pickup and street sweeping.

See typical sign from NYC here

Anonymous

Wow, is that a flash from the past. My grandmother lived in a suburban Chicago house with an alley. Most houses there had detached garages off the alley and when I was very young, everyone used an incinerator next to the garage for their trash. She had a coal furnace in the basement as well. Trash truck would come around once a month or so to pick up the ash - hence the term "ash bins." Those were heavy monsters and the men who handled them were massive.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

Something along the lines of MWF - no parking one one side of the street. TTS no parking on the other side. Trash pickup scheduled accordingly.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

Same here. In the 1950s in Akron Ohio getting up on a sub-zero morning to re-light the coal furnace fire which had gone out overnite.

One place we lived even had a coal fired water heater !!

Reply to
Anonymous

Oh my god! That is the craziest law ever. So basically people get done for being a bit forgetful. If they're going to do that, at least keep it to the same side!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yip, nowadays they're lazy like everyone else. Mechanised bin lifting for goodness sake. When I were a lad, my English teacher predicted that in the future we would all evolve to have no limbs, as everything would be done for us. We're getting that way....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

How did anybody breathe? It's bad enough here with one neighbour who has a wood burning stove. I'm currently in a dispute to get the council to have it removed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So if you don't use your car for a few days you have to keep moving it! Insanity! They really haven't thought that through.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yeah, ours too. Bu their terrace houses mostly have no garages, the cars are parked on the road, so it isnt feasible to have the bins lined up on the kerb so the truck can pick them up from there. So they have apes move the bins to where the truck can grab them and the apes put them back after the truck has emptied them too.

We don’t have any small animals that can loot the bins. We do have possums but they arent interested in the bin contents,

Reply to
Rod Speed

No they don't. With the park/walkway next to my house, mine never barked at anyone going thru it and he used to lying just inside the patio door watching all the traffic true it. He would only bark at those running thru it, unusual stuff.

Only by fools who don't know what the means.

None of ours do.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp> wrote

Even sillier/more of a pathetic excuse for a troll than you usually manage and that's saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Our garden waste wheelie bin, full of shredded tree branches and leaves, is very heavy. I wouldn't be able to lift it. Even wheeling it up steps (our patio has several different levels) takes a fair amount of force.

Recycling and general (landfill) wheelie bins don't tend to get packed as densely.

Reply to
NY

Dogs are not all like your dog.

It means sounding an alarm so often nobody believes you. What do you think it means?

Are you allowed guns over there? I wish I had one to take out a few here.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You always say that when you have no response, i.e. there is no opinion that could sensibly refute what I just said.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey