Hotpoint Dishwasher repair.

WE have an old hotpint dishwasher. It seems that it is not spraying water anymore. Water appears to be entering the machine, because water pressure will drop on the adjacent tap when it is running. And Water appears to be exiting the macine, because there is no leaking or pooling, and the heating element appears to be working because there is a lot of steam, however no water gets sprayed anywhere to actually wash the dishes. The spray arm does not appear to have any obstructions, however I have not dismantled anything yet.

If you have some ideas or suggestions of how I could fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

--Falooley

Reply to
Bob Falooley

Sound a lot like the diverter valve which switches thw output of the pump from the spray arm to the drain hose when its time to drain has gotten stuck in the "drain" position.

See if you can find a website with a parts illustration for your machine to get an idea of where that valve is. Then try freeing it up by hand if you can.

Happy New Year,

Jeff

-

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to blame it on."

Bob Falooley wrote:

-
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

During the drain cycle and not before??

If you post the machine's model number so we can see what design it is (in addition to answering the above question), it will go a long way to allowing us to suggest possibilities. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to